Chapter 3

Monika sat in her seat, feeling bummed out as she took out her book.  She wanted to stay home as well to take care of Sayori but her other important priority right now is the club. She sighed quietly, opening her book and began to read.

" Monika! " Natsuki burst in the room, " Where is Sayori? "

She jumped and gripped onto the desk, " N-Natsuki! Don't ever do that! "
" Okay I'm sorry " she apologized with an grin then walked over, " Sayori wasn't at P.E today "

" She's at my house.. " Monika answered and leaned back into her chair, looking down at her book.

" Doing? "

" She's sick "

" Are you sure about that? "

Monika looked back up at Natsuki, " Wh-What do you mean? "

" You should go back home. NOW "

" N-N-Natsuki what are y-you saying? " Monika stood up slightly shaking.

What is Natsuki talking about? Monika does have a hint but she doesn't want to be convinced that it's right. Yuri walked in and for once, she was late.

" Just check up on her please! " Natsuki ordered. Monika grabbed her bag and quickly ran out the door, slightly bumping into Yuri.

" W-What is g-going on? " Yuri asked looking back at Monika sprinting as fast as she could.

" I-It's nothing " Natsuki coughed then fixed her tight collar, " What took you so long? "

Yuri hesitated, " I-I-I-I... T-The t-teacher.. K-kept u-us in.. For a w-while "

" Is that so? " The pink haired girl said as she grabbed monika's book.

Monika ran down the street, trying to keep herself up and keep some positive thoughts on what REALLY Sayori is doing. She hoped sayori is okay, she hoped that she was only sleeping or watching tv. Even if sayori was willing to do such a thing, monika will never allow it.

" Sayori! " Monika yelled as she ran up to the house and onto the front door. She grabbed the keys from her bag and quickly unlocked it then rushed inside.

" Sayori?! " She shouted once more as she opened the door. Sayori was in bed sound asleep. Monika was relieved, every negative thought she had in her head escaped slowly. She closed the door and put her things by her desk. Carefully, she crawled onto the bed and laid beside the sleeping Sayori.

" n..noo.. " sayori murmured in her sleep. No? Monika looked a little puzzled. Was she having a nightmare?

" I-I can't.. " she murmured once more as she slid her arm up and under the small pillow.

" Sayori.. " Monika gently spoke as she pet her lover, " It's okay I'm.. "

Her voice drifted away, her eyes began to widen and her heart started to break. When Sayori moved her arm up, the sleeve moved down and just after that second, Monika noticed freshly new cuts on her lovers arm. Something IS wrong, something IS going on with Sayori but why isn't she saying anything?
The wind from outside blew, causing the blinds to move and the light shine in. A sparkle appeared from Sayori's pocked. Monika reached in her pocket and slowly pulled it put. It was a razorblade. Like something you would get from a sharpener. But it was a little strange, where did she get it from? Monika and her parents would only use pens for writing. Did she bring it from home?
She took a closer look at the razor and noticed a tiny design but she couldn't figure out where she seen it from.

" M..monika " sayori called weakly as she yawned.
Monika quickly put the razor in her pocket, " Y-Yes my love? "

" When did you get here? " she mumbled then sat up stretching.

" I-I decided to come home early.. To check up on you "
Sayori looked at Monika's hand noticing the cut. She quickly checked her pockets, starting to panic.

" S-Sayori.. P-Please talk to me " Monika gently said as she reached for Sayori's shoulder with her other hand.

" M-Monika! Where is it?! " She almost shouted as she got out of the bed and moved the covers.

" Sayori, listen to me! " Monika yelled, " Cutting yourself isn't going to solve anything! "

Sayori gripped her arm tight, " I-I didn't cut myself! "

" Then what's this razor?! " Monika fired back as she took it out again, " Why do you have this then when you have me?! "

" Y-You don't understand! "

" Because you keep shutting me out! If you want to be pain free, cutting won't do anything! "

Sayori took a slight step back still holding onto her arm, " I-I just don't want.. I didn't mean.. "

" Sayori " Monika got off the bed and slowly walked to her, " Y-You can always talk to me.. About anything, anytime.. If it's serious or not.. I'll listen "

Sayori took another step back, bumping into the wall. All these feelings bursted straight up to her head, they were like voices. One thought takes over then switches off with another. What could she do? Cutting didn't do anything and she knows it.

" I-I could help you.. If you could just talk to me! " Monika cried, " I care about you Sayori, hell, I love you and I would do anything for you! "
Sayori was speechless. She was looking for something to say but nothing made her think of anything.
Monika grabbed Sayori's hands and held it close to her chest, " P-Please S-Sayori.. I-I love you.. "

Sayori's eyes widen a little slightly, seeing monika cry was breaking her heart.

" I.. I.. " She took a deep breath, slowly taking her hands back from Monika, " I-I want to b-break up "