Chapter 4

" S-Sayori.. Wh-what.. " Monika's voice cracked.

" I-I'm sorry Monika.. " Sayori quickly said then started to grab her things.

" S-Sayori w-wait.. "

She ignored her as she walked out of the room and out the house. Monika stood there.. Broken and hurting. All she tried to do was help Sayori and now, she feels like she'll never see her again.

Group Chat

Sayori has left the group chat.

Natsuki: What? Why did she leave?
Monika: She broke up with me..
Yuri: Oh my. I'm sorry monika.
Natsuki: What?! What happened?!
Natsuki: Monika?
Natsuki: MONIKA
Yuri: Let's leave Monika alone for a bit.
Natsuki: She isn't answering! What if she's trying to.. You know
Yuri: Monika wouldn't do such a thing.. Don't get ahead of yourself Natsuki.
Natsuki: MONIKAA

Sayori opened the door, " I'm home.. "
She closed the door behind her and started to walk upstairs to her room. Dropping her things as soon as she went in, she walked to her bed and began to cry. She just wanted what was best for Monika. She never wanted her to cry over something so pathetic.

" No one wants someone who's so emotionless ", she told herself once. Sayori crawled onto her bed and dropped onto it. She was craving for a release, something that would just stop this unknown pain in her chest, something that would just take away these voices in her head. Her phone vibrated.

Private Messaging

Yuri: Sayori.. Why did you do it.?
Sayori: I just did it okay.
Yuri: Alright. I will not pressure you.
Yuri: By the way.. How did it go?
Sayori: I.. Know how you feel now. But I don't think I'll ever cut myself again.
Yuri: May I have my razor back?
Sayori: Umm.. Monika.. Kinda.. Has it
Yuri: What? Why?
Sayori: Long story..

Monika didn't feel like going to school or leave the house at all. She kept thinking about Sayori, nothing but Sayori. Why did she decide to leave her?  Why couldn't she say anything? What will happen now?
She sighed then sat up from her bed, feeling sore due to the running yesterday. Her eyes were pink and a little puffy from crying last night. She didn't know what to do. The sun shined through her window and so did the memories. When did everything go wrong?

" Sayori. May I come in? " Yuri asked as she tapped her room door. No answer. Yuri opened the door anyway and looked at sayori sleeping. She gently closed the door and walked over, " Sayori "

Sayori opened her eyes slowly then turned onto her right side, facing away yuri, " What is it yuri? "

" If you can't talk to Monika. At least speak to me "

" It doesn't matter "

" It matters Sayori. You matter "

Sayori sighed then turned onto her back, " I just.. I just can't take it anymore Yuri "

" Can't take what anymore? "

" Life! I just can't! " Sayori almost yelled as she hugged her pillow tight, " M-Monika will be fine without me. Everyone will. "

" Sayori, you care for Monika, am I correct? "

" Yeah but- "

" Then you're going to destroy her heart if you decide to do something crazy " Yuri quickly spoke as she sat down on her bed, " You mean a lot to Monika. And you're just going to destroy her as a thank you? "

" Y-Yuri.. It's not like I don't care, It's just.. I don't know when or how this feeling started! " Sayori yelled as tears filled her eyes, " How do you think I fell that I can't even talk to Monika?! The one I love! "

" You can. You just continue to run from it "

Silence filled the room. Both of the girls looked away from each other. Sayori thought of Yuri's advice but something still didn't want her to say anything.

" If something is bugging you.. Don't be afraid to ask for help.. " Yuri smiled out to herself.

" Help..? "

She stood up, " At least come to school tomorrow. You're the vice president of the club, remember? "

Sayori sat up from the bed and watched her walk out.

Next thing the two girls know it, the sun went down and the day was over. Monika continued to sit alone in her room, trying to think of anything she could do. As for Sayori, she was in the living room, watching tv. Her mind was blank but it was better than having a rush of thoughts take over her mind.. But this lonely feeling was the only thing that stayed. Was breaking up with Monika, the best choice?

" I miss you " she quietly said to herself, " But.. It's best if.. You move on "