Chapter 8

In the morning, it was slight awkward going to school knowing Yuri will be there too. But the girls couldn't miss another day of school or they might get in trouble with the school's district. The two girls walked out of the house and went straight to school.

" Monika! Sayori! " a voice called as it was getting closer.

The girls turned around, it was the small pink haired girl, Natsuki.

" Woah what's the rush? " Monika slightly chuckled.

" I-It's Yuri.. She's in the hospital! " Natsuki answered, " We have to go see her! "

Sayori looked at Monika, hoping for an answer but she sighed instead, turned around and kept walking.

" M-Monika?! " The pink haired girl was puzzled. Sayori debated if she should keep walking or go with Natsuki. Yuri is crazy but she knows there is some good in her still. Besides, she's been friends with Yuri ever since they were little.. Yuri was always there for her and now it's Sayori's turn to do the same.

" I'll go with you " sayori said clearly as she grabbed onto Natsuki's hand and started running. Monika turned around groaning, " If we get in trouble, it's not my fault! "

She ran behind them.

The hospital was empty, there was barely any nurses or doctors. The girls walked in and quickly speed walked it to the front desk.

" May I help you? " The nurse behind the desk asked as she was writing.

" Where is Yuri! " Natsuki slightly growled.

" Excuse me? "

Sayori stepped in smiling a little nervously, " U-Um our friend Yuri.. Purple hair.. Tall.. Is she in here? "

" Yeah she's here " the nurse answered standing up from her seat, " You guys are just visiting? "

" Y-Yes.. May I know what happened? " Sayori asked sounding worried.

" Your friend tried to commit suicide. Lot's of cuts on the wrists " She answered a little dull as she gave the girls a pass to go in, " Room 175 "

" Thank you! " the girls said and quickly went in the E.R.
" Jeez.. Why would she do that? "

Natsuki quietly said to herself then scanned the room numbers, " 169.. 170.. 171.. "

Monika and Sayori stood quiet. Did Yuri feel that bad about last night?

" 175! " Natsuki almost shouted and rushed in the door, " Yuri!! "

" N-Natsuki..? Everyone?! " Yuri jumped in surprised then looked away quickly, " N-Natsuki.. I-I t-told.. "

" We're i-in this together, Yuri! " Sayori said with her voice slightly cracking. Monika and Yuri looked at her then at each other, quite speechless.

" We've been friends for too long Yuri " Sayori began, " I.. We.. May not know you fully but I will accept you for who you are! "

" S-S-Sayori.. "

Natsuki was confused, she didn't know what Sayori was talking about.

" U-Uh.. Did something happen? " She asked looking at Yuri. The girls stood quiet.

" Tell me! " Natsuki pouted.
Monika sighed heavily, " N-Nothing happened Natsuki. It was just another day of life "

She walked over and sat on the bed beside Yuri, " I'll forgive you.. Not fully though.. I'm glad you're fine "

" I-It is still appreciated.. T-Thank you M-Monika " Yuri answered with a small smile. Sayori hopped into one of the chairs, " This is gonna be a while "

" What do you mean? " Natsuki asked.

" I'm gonna stay here till yuri can leave.. She shouldn't be alone.. No one should.. " Sayori smiled.

" Count me in! " the pink haired girl said proudly. Monika sighed, " I guess I can stay too "

Yuri smiled, " T-Thank you guys.. "

" We're here together, We're friends forever! " Sayori and Natsuki cheered. The other two girls smiled and laughed quietly.

" Keep it down please " The doctor from outside the door knocked.

" S-Sorry.. " Sayori giggled.

" Ma'am.. Your parents are out, correct? " The doctor asked signing a paper. Yuri nodded.

" We'll have a social worker check up on you from time to time " He said ripping the paper off the others then handing it to Yuri, " If you need anyone to talk to about anything.. Here's the number just for that "

" N-No thank you.. I-I have my f-friends.. " Yuri shyly answered as she looked down.

" Oh? Well.. Alright "

He threw the paper away and walked up to the other girls, leaning down to their level and gently whispered, " Keep an eye on your friend, promise? "

The girls nodded. He stood back up straight, " Alright Yuri, you're free to go "

" Yay! " Natsuki and Sayori cheered once again.

" P-Please.. Keep it down " He reminded then walked out, sighing.

" Jeez you two are gonna get kicked out " Monika giggled, " Let's hurry home then "

" M-Monika.. M-May I speak with you alone? " Yuri asked as she got out of the bed.

" U-Um.. Sure Yuri.. " she answered then turned to Sayori, " Wait for us outside "

The other two girls nodded and left the room. Yuri collected her thoughts and sighed painfully, " Y-You didn't have to st-stay you know.. "

" Yeah I know. But it's too late to say that now, huh? "

" I-I suppose.. B-But why did y-you stay? "

" Like Sayori said.. No one should ever be alone " Monika answered with a smile, " I accept for who you are.. Just don't do that to my Sayori "

" Y-Yes! I-I won't! " Yuri nervously said then rubbed her neck, " Something i-is wrong with me.. "

" Ehh you're not the only person, Yuri " Monika held out her hand, " Let's go already. It's been a long day "

Yuri shyly put her hand over Monika's and after that, they met the other two girls outside.

" What took you guys so longg? " Natsuki complained. Sayori noticed their hands and she sighed in relief. All she wanted was everyone too be happy and back to normal.

" Sayori? You okay? " Monika asked as they all started walking.

" Yes I'm fine. Better than ever! " She answered with a real smile.