The Simpsons

SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE GIVING UP
BUT THEN I REMEBER THERE'S STILL A LOT OF PEOPLE I WANT TO PISS OFF

"Where are we going?" Stiles asked grumpily as we walked down the peaceful streets of Beacon Hills. There were a few people here and there working outside the small shops or kids playing outside their houses but there was nothing special about any of it.

"We're going to walk around until we find somewhere to eat." I shrugged stuffing my hands in my jacket.

Stiles' eyes perked up with excitement and he jumped up and down. "Can we go to Moe's diner?"

"Sure, I don't care." I told him and he began to lead the way happily.

___

"So what are you really doing here?" Stiles asked squinting at me before taking a bite of his burger. He asks a lot of questions, unlike me. I don't exactly care enough to ask. I was mainly just pondering about weather or not this diner was named after the bar in the Simpsons.

I ate some of my curly fries before answering. This is why I hate kids. "My mom left me here until she has a fall out with her boyfriend." We ate quietly after that. I knew that Stiles was young but he seemed relatively smart and I knew he understood that mommy issues were a touchy subject. After a while Stiles asked if we could go to Beacon Hills High's basket ball game. "Absolutely not."

"Why not?" He countered grabbing his spoon and started eating a peice of the cheesecake we were sharing.

"Because I don't want to spend more time with you than necessary."

He rolled his eyes. "We live together. Please, all the kids in my class go see the games."

I eyed him carefully. "You're like six I'm pretty sure you don't know anything about basket ball." Stiles' face turned tomato red and he puffed his cheeks up. I rolled my eyes at his tantrum. "What? Do you have to poop or something?"

"I'm eight." In my defense the kid is tiny. "And what if I don't know anything about basket ball? Maybe the kids will talk to me if I go." I frowned in the less than twenty four hours I've spent with this kid I've found out some pretty sad things about him.

"Do you have friends?"

Stiles shook his head. "I have a brother." My eyes widened. There was another one of him? "His name's Scott McCall." I let out a sigh of relief nevermind it's just one of his friends.

"Let's go pick him up then."

His eyes widened in shock and a bright toothless grin spread over his face. "We're going?" I shrugged and rolled my eyes. Then, he did something that shocked me. Stiles leaped from his seat and gave me a hug.

___

We got to the other kid's house and I knocked on the door getting ready to ask his mom for permission to take him to the basket ball game. Stiles however had an other idea in mind as he swung the front door wide open. "Scott! Scott! Get down here my cousin's taking us to the basket ball game!" He yelled running up the stairs.

Just then a young lady that looked in her early thirties came out of the bathroom pulling her curly hair into a low ponytail. "Going where?"

I smiled nervously and waved but I sent Stiles a glare. "Stiles get your butt over here and calm down." I scolded he rolled his eyes but obeyed. "Hi, I'm Claudia, Stiles' cousin, we were wondering if the kid could go with us to a basket ball game."

She smiled at me before chuckling and pulling me into a hug. "It's nice to meet you Claudia,and yes you can take the kid to a basket ball game just make sure he comes right back and locks himself in. I'm working the night shift again." She finished looking at Stiles who nodded.

"Okay, cool I'll bring him back right after." I said and just then a taller yet scrawny little boy with puppy dog eyes and olive skin ran down the stairs. He looked about eight unlike stiles.

"Really? I can go?" He asked with a huge grin. Mrs. McCall nodded and the kid hugged her. "Thanks mom." He said before jumping to give her a kiss on the cheek. Then he turned to look at me and turned as red as a tomato, he looked down at the floor nervously and scratched the back of his neck. "H-hi."

Stiles rolled his eyes and fake gagged. "Gross, you better not like her. She has mike wasaoski nails." He said before pulling Scott out of the house. "Bye Melissa!" He shouted as they went out.

Scott's mom, Melissa, smiled at me. "It's great that your here to help Stiles out. I try to be there for him as much as I can but he's just been so distant since his mom..." Her words trailed of and I smiled.

"I kind of don't have a choice but I'll keep an eye on the kid." I told her before saying goodbye and following behind the boys.

___

I sat on the crowded bleachers next to Scott and Stiles. The gym was hot, sweaty, loud and the seats were uncomfortable there was also a group of annoying girls who giggled everytime the captain ran passed them and kept sending me disapproving looks. I have no idea why anyone in their right mind would come here willingly, but I was one more knee to the back from getting up and yelling at the inflexible lady who kept on hitting me. Not to mention that we had to pay to get in and we couldn't even bring snacks.

At least the team didn't suck. Actually they were on fire and it was all thanks to a tall broad shouldered kid with swoopy luscious black hair and an edge sparkling in his dark eyes. Great now I probably sound like one of those girls.

I had to admit that he was hot but he was probably one of those freshmen that come in and completely become the school's new golden boy. I already didn't like him. Just as the first half was about to end that guy was dominating the ball, like he had been doing the whole game, and he was ready to score. He dribbled the ball through half the court without anyone so much as coming close to being able to stop him. Then he stopped right when he got to us. I can almost swear this happened in slow motion. He turned his head in our direction and just stared. He held the ball in his hands and looked more specifically at me. I had the urge to fix my hair but (thank any greater being out there) held back.

Just to make sure that he was indeed staring at me I turned to look at Stiles and Scott. They were opened mouthed stopping in the middle of a cheer and they were looking in between swoopy hair and I in astonishment. Stiles gave me a look as if to ask why the hell someone like that would be looking at someone like me but I was just as confused as he was.

I could feel everyone else in the room staring at us as well but all I could do was turn to stare at him. I was waiting for him to throw the ball at my face but it didn't happen.

"For god's sake Hale a worm would be more capable of throwing the ball!" A loud exasperated voice yelled followed by a clank of a clipboard being thrown on the ground and a series of whistle blowings. Then, we were broken out of our trance when an opponent got over his shock. Before he quickly stole the ball from the captain and shot it into Beacon Hill's basket. Just then the buzzer beeped through the gym and the teams ran off the court along with their captain.

I just stared at the spot he was previously in for a few moments before shaking it off. "Let's go." I told them beginning to stand up.

"What? Why?" Stiles asked.

"It's only half time." Scott told me sweetly and I felt bad for making us leave.

"I know but I don't feel good." I lied. "If we don't go now I'm going to throw up in front of everyone." I warned and they quickly got up scurring in between people.