Favors from the Devil

"She walked out after you hugged her?" Peter raised his eyebrows at me, shaking the nacho that was in his hand in front of me. He made me give him my lunch in order to give me advise. Needless to say I'm confused and hungry now. I don't even know why he eats so much all he does is sit around and judge people. I nodded hurriedly, wanting to hear his conclusion. "Can you blame the poor girl? You forget to put on deodorant sometimes." He smirked slyly, reaching over to take my oreos.

I slapped his hand away, a glare darkening my features. Out of pure annoyance I grabbed the oreos and licked them, sending him a smug little smirk. "That's never stopped me before." My uncle rolled his eyes snatching the cookie before I even realized what he was doing, and eating it. "Now about the lovely Claudia Gajos." He smiled cynically while interlacing his fingers. "She's quite the charmer, huh?" I sent him another glare which only erupted a chuckle from Peter's lips. He talks like a middle aged British villain. "God, don't get so mad little nephew. If I didn't know any better I'd say you're a little too worried about the girl. You wouldn't happen to care for her would you?"

I rolled my eyes leaning forward, tired of this whole conversation. "Look Peter, you see that broom in the corner?" I raised my eyebrows at him in question before he briefly nodded. "I'm going to shove it up your little pale-"

"Just find her after school and talk, jeez." He laughed sending me another smile before patting my back and getting up. "Even better, I'll invite her to the house where you can bother her all you want. How about that?"

I left basketball practice as soon as coach blew the last whistle, speeding all the way to the edge of the the forest where a raven haired girl would be. Probably already being smothered by my mom asking her if she wanted anything to eat or by Laura about how pretty her hair is. I told Paige I couldn't meet her today after school, which left me feeling guilty for some reason. Should I feel guilty?

I mean yes, I didn't tell her I was going to go try and talk to Claudia but talking to someone isn't anything particularly exciting. Plus I don't think Paige would care anyway, she loves Claudia as she's told me multiple times while reminiscing over how Claudia couldn't play an instrument to save her life. For some reason that only made me feel even worse. I sighed turning off my car and putting my head between my hands. Is this a good idea?

Probably not. When are my ideas ever good? However, something much deeper than my conscious was telling me—no, screaming at me to go find Claudia. So that's what I did, running my fingers through my messy hair in an attempt to fix it and straightening my grey hoodie before heading in.

The first thing I noticed when entering the house was that it was empty for a change. Usually it's bubbling with pack members coming in and out, seeing the huge house all alone made me feel uneasy, almost sad. Before I could make it far a tiny ball of chestnut brown and purple was storming its way to me, a barbie with her blonde hair cut different lengths in her had. "Good, you're here." She nodded with a pleasant smile on her face, her stick straight brown hair pushed back messily with sparkly butterfly clips that I'm sure she put on herself. "Now make me a sandwich." She popped her hip out sassily and when she saw me frown at her words she gave me a cheeky smile. "Mom said so." Then she rolled her eyes her smile turning into a big toothless grin. "Pleaseeeee."

I rolled my eyes giving her a light shove as I jogged over to the kitchen. Trust me the Hale women don't take no for an answer, it's better just to give her the stupid sandwich. "There's a girl in Peter's room." Cora spoke after a while, hopping on a stool that was way too tall for her and interlacing her hands on top of the counter before resting her head on them.

My head snapped over to her. "You met her?" I asked Cora, a little too nervous before I cleared my throat. "I mean, you met her?" Hey don't judge me man, Claudia is pretty scary and Cora is a devil decorated with sparkly purple barrettes.

Cora stared at me with intelligent brown eyes, she was too smart for a nine year old but she lost her focus quickly and just shrugged. Humming some catchy pop song that had been all over the radio. "Yeah, she's wicked." That was Cora's word of the week. "What's she doing with Pete?" I choked on my own saliva hearing my nine year old sister's unintentional burn, handing her the peanut butter and jelly sandwich before wiping my hands off and jogging up the stairs.

Right when I got to the top of the stairs Peter got out of the room, a crisp cream colored crewneck sweater on. It was a nice sweater, a little too nice for just hanging out with a friend after school and his hair was a little too neat too. He had not only changed but also restyled his hair. I raised my eyebrows at him, a frown beginning to form on my lips. His only reply was a cold hearted smirk as he strolled over to me. "Good luck little nephew." He singsonged stepping around making his way down stairs.

I made my way to the door knocking lightly before stepping inside. Only to be met with Claudia, who was skimming through the shelf on the wall furthest from the door. She jumped, her hands flying to her chest that was covered in a navy Speech and Debate crewneck. In Peter's Speech and Debate crewneck. Without realizing what was going on I could feel me wolf growling at the sight. My eyes glowing.

Claudia let out a squeal, forcing my wolf to be quiet. "God you scared me, jackass!" She sighed closing her eyes before looking at me again her usual snappy attitude showing. Meaning she didn't see my eyes. "If you tell anyone that sound came out of me I'll shave your eyebrows off." She spoke menacingly but I couldn't fight the smirk off my face.

I chuckled stepping into the room. "So you don't want me to tell people I make squeals come out of your lips?" I cocked my head to the side faking innocence but also feeling my heart all but beating out of my chest for some inexplicable reason at the inappropriate joke. Supernatural or not anyone would be able to hear it right now. Her expression fell once she calmed down, I could hear her heart beat pick up nervously. Is that a good thing? "What're you doing?" I gave her a smirk that came naturally to me once her pale cheeks flared up, egging me on as it's the reaction a typically get.

She gulped her hands forming nervous fists before huffing her black hair out of her face and giving me a 'casual' shrug. "Looking for music."

I laughed stepping behind her as she turned to face away from me, she was staring intently at a CD of some mediocre pop star. It was easy to tell that she was slightly disturbed by the selection despite her efforts to hide it. Peter's taste in music consisted solely off of the music that played in house parties and I knew this wasn't the type of music Claudia liked. "I would hardly call Ice Ice Baby music." I sniffled a laugh reaching to show her the CD. Claudia snorted, slapping my hand away and putting the disk back in it's place. "You know I have easily double the size of this collection in my room." I spoke softly, having no need to speak up  since we were standing so close.

She turned around a sarcastic smile on her face. Only for her eyes to widen comically when she noticed the space between of, more like lack of, and tuck her chin in like a turtle before glaring at me. "What is it with you Hales and standing so damn close to me? I have a perfect view of the pimple by your eyebrow y'know." She stated matter of factly, making my hand go to my eyebrow on instinct. "But sure, if I see one more blonde in a sparkly belly shirt I'm going to lose it." She spoke sarcastically while waving around a Britney Spears album.

.

This was such a shitty filler chapter guys I'm sorry, but trust me it's about to get good.