Abs

The rest of my classes were easy, I talked to a few people but for the most part it was fine

The rest of my classes were easy, I talked to a few people but for the most part it was fine. I was getting out of math and heading towards lunch. I had math with Emma thankfully, and had gotten to know her better. She was really perky but quick witted and funny. So, we got along just fine.

"I don't see the point in health. I can't make it through the birth video without barfing, what makes them think I'll go into a career feild like that?" Emma said as she shouldered her white book bag. She fixed her hair as we walked by the lacrosse team. They were all ridiculously good looking and tall, and didn't look like any teenagers I've ever seen. Everyone in this town looked like they had stepped right out of Clueless.

I shrugged. "What if a stripper career doesn't work out? You might be forced to be a doctor."

"There's always a porn star though." She joked back as we stepped out into the courtyard. I decied not to eat anything since school food was plastic. "Have you met Derek Hale yet?" She asked taking out a bag of apple slices. She offered me some and I took one.

"I've met him." I answered taking a bite of my apple slice.

"Oh my god he's so cute." She gushed. "And I know he's an asshole but there's still something about him."

"Is it the hair?" I asked. I had to admit his hair was great.

"No it's his abs." She told my raising her eyebrows.

My eyes widened and I grinned. "Are you two..." I trailed of but she got my drift.

Emma's cheeks turned a cute shade of pink and her big blue eyes widened even more. "Of course not, I haven't even had my first kiss yet. And plus it's not like someone like him would notice me." She fiddling with the hem of her floral shirt.

"Don't say that. You're a lot prettier and funnier than most of the girls in this town. They're like walking cliches." I told her looking around the courtyard at everyone.

"Thank you," Emma smiled. "But he has Paige anyways. Everyone knows he's been crazy about her but she doesn't give him the time of day."

"I met Paige she's pretty nice." I said rembering my encounter with her earlier.

"She's super nice, but kind of boring if you ask me. Like you said, a total cliche." She told me, but there wasn't any bitterness in her voice she spoke as casually as someone talks about the weather. I could see where Emma was coming from Paige did seem a bit boring but not a bad person.

Just then Derek and his friends walked into the courtyard with bags of McDonald's in their hands. They were laughing loudly and joking around. Looking as if they owned the school, which they probably did. "Speaking of the devil." I said as both our eyes turned to look at them.

"Maybe it is his hair." She sighed looking at him as he sipped his soda and grinned at something his friend said. He ran a hand through his hair messing it up but still making it look like he spent hours styling it. "Nevermind it's definetly his abs." She said quickly. They had set their food down and had begun to play basket ball. As Derek jumped to throw the ball into the basket his shirt raised and I saw a bit of his abs. Oh my god, they looked like they were sculpted out of stone.

"Do you think he'll notice if we steal his food?" I asked eyeing the brown bag that was sitting unguarded on the bench next to the court.

"Probably, they'd also probably kill us. Have you seen athletes eat?" She asked with wide eyes. She was right, dying wouldn't be convenient today. I still had to pick up Stiles. God knows the kid would unbarry me just to complain about me leaving him there.

"Did you hear about what happened yesterday?" Emma asked taking out even more food from her bag. I swear this girl has more food than books in there.

I leaned back against the tree we were sitting under and closed my eyes. "It's my first day remeber."

"Yeah, but everyone's talking about it. Some girl distracted Derek during basketball game. NOTHING distracts him from basketball. She must be like super pretty. He hasn't even looked at another girl since he's met Paige.

My eyes flew open in shock and Emma sat there looking at me attentively with her soft blue eyes. I quickly shrugged trying to be nonchalant. "Or she was really ugly." I told her knowing she talking about me.

"I doubt it, but no one else knew who the girl was..."

I shrugged again but before I could avert the conversation the bell signalling the end of lunch rang and Emma hurried off to class.