Chapter 27

You are my delight.
   Hours turned into days, days turned into weeks, and soon Andy's attack was a thing of the past. My mental health was improving, and things were beginning to look brighter. I was able to go back to work a few days after the incident and the office was a whole new place without Andy. After inspections of his belongings and background checks the detectives found assault charges on his record.  But of course no one was surprised. My parents left soon after I returned to work, confidant that I was going to be alright. Jen stayed a bit longer but only to beg and plead with me to throw her and her friends a Halloween party. I also have a feeling she stayed just in case she had a run in with detective inspector Marchant. He did come by a few more times just to finish up the formalities and paper work. He was as sweet as always, and was genuinely concerned about my well being. He asked if I would be needing any counseling, but I refused. I didn't want to risk accidentally spilling the truth of what happened that night.
   Me and Brahms had become closer than ever. He came to me every night and I was growing more comfortable with his needs. He was also growing more comfortable with me. He began to speak more and was no longer as silent as he once was. He shared with me his thoughts and ideas. And he laughed with me whenever we played games. And we loved to play so many games! Hide and seek was still one of his favorites, and we found ourselves playing it every day.
   Soon I began to forget why I was ever afraid of him. Why I ever thought he was frightening. I loved Brahms more than I ever thought possible. He was everything to me. And I would never let him go.
~*~
    I shut the car door and pressed the lock key twice. It had been such a long day at work. I was on my feet almost all day, running paper work from place to place. I had felt so strange since morning, and running around made me extra exhausted. I sighed as I opened the front door to the house and shut it behind me.
   I immediately stopped and took note of the silence. It was quite... too quiet. All the lights were turned off save for the entryway. A smile spread across my face. "Brahms?" I called out through the large house. "Come out, come out wherever you are!" I shouted, dropping my bag and keys to the floor.
   I tiptoed through the entryway, careful not to make a sound. I turned a dark corner and searched through the shadows. My heart was thumping so wildly in my chest, my stomach began to turn. I slowed to a stop wondering if I had grown light headed and needed to stay still for a moment.
   Arms suddenly reached around from behind me and lifted me into the air. I shrieked and giggled by the sudden surprise. "I've got you now!" A deep voice said before chuckling. "Brahms! Put me down!" I shouted. Brahms suddenly twisted me around and squeezed me in a tight hug. "I win." He simply said before leaning in and planting a kiss on my lips. "That's not even how the game works you cheater." I joked before he leaned in for another kiss.
   "I've missed you all day Danny. I can't stand when you are away. I get so lonely without you." He said squeezing me tighter. "I don't like being away from you Brahms. I miss you too much!"
   We stared at each other for a moment, and I couldn't help but glance down to his lips. "I better get dinner started." My lips quivered. "That's not what I'm hungry for." Brahms said before he leaned in and kissed me again, this time more passionate. More hungry. He looped his arms around my waist and pulled me to him. My body quaked as his hands began wandering to the hem of my shirt. I immediately followed his actions and removed his shirt, revealing his strong chest. Soon we found ourselves on the floor, beneath the light of the chandelier.
~*~
   Brahms rested on the floor while I began making dinner. I thought it was about time we both ate. I turned on the stove and placed a pan on it. I then opened the freezer and took out a package of bacon. Who didn't love breakfast for dinner? I smiled to myself, opening the bag then placing a few to sizzle on the heat.
   I let them cook for a second and glanced around the corner to see Brahms still lounging on the floor. He gave me a smile and waved. "I love you Danny." My heart melted at his voice. "I love you too."
   I turned my attention back to cooking the bacon, when suddenly the smell got to me. The greasy meaty smell filled my nose and my stomach suddenly heaved. I quickly turned off the stove to hopefully stop the putrid smell. My stomach heaved again and I rushed as fast as I could to the bathroom.
   Brahms reached my side right after I puked my guts out. "Danny?" He asked worried, his face as pale as mine felt. "I...." I stuttered. "I.... I'm not feeling very well." I managed to spit out before leaning over to empty my stomach again. Brahms ran his fingers gently through my hair. "Was it the food?" He asked eagerly. When I finished I shook my head. "No it wasn't the food..... it was the smell."