22. audition

Timothée had an audition. There were many reasons why he was going for the role: one, it meant filming for four weeks in London which meant being near Ella and two, it was a challenging role that Timothée didn't know if he could achieve.

ella: i just finished call me by your name the book.

timmy: i had no idea you were reading it.

ella: i didn't know if you would want me to.

timmy: so why are you telling me?

ella: because you played that role so beautifully, you did the book proud. you truly are an amazing actor.

ella: i just wanted to tell you that.

Timmy stared at the text, she didn't know he was sat in a hallway waiting for an audition. She just knew what to say even if she didn't know the effects it had on him.

"Timothée Chalamet?" A voice called before he could answer her. He slipped his phone into his pocket, her words sliding through his head, ready to go in.

Three people sat in front of him, two men and a women. He assumed one of them was the director, it was just a matter of which one.

"Hello Timothée, I'm David the director" one man shook his hand, he gave him his best smile. Ella's words had made him think he may actually have a shot at this.

"It's really nice to meet you" Timothée said politely before taking his spot in front of them.

"Okay, whenever you're ready" they smiled at the same time, it was like something out of a horror movie.

Timmy took a moment to get into the frame of mind, he took a deep breath and started to speak the kings monologue that occurs half way through the movie. He tried to channel every ounce of talent he could muster as he spoke. When he found it appropriate, he moved his arms with gestures and tried to think how the king was feeling.

To be honest, he found what the king was talking about quite relatable. The king was doing a monologue on how the girl liked, he couldn't have because she was to marry someone else. Timothée just put his mind into how he would feel if Ella told him she was in love with someone else.

When he finished, he looked back at the three people sat in front of him. He assumed he had done himself proud since one of them was crying. He let out a deep breath when he finished.

"Thank you" he felt a tingle of happiness, even if he didn't get the role he was proud of his performance.

"Um, you can have it" the woman said suddenly. Timothée wasn't sure what was going on about until she raised her eyebrows at the two men, both men nodded in agreement. This had never happened before.

"Yes. Would you like the role?" The director stood up. Timothée didn't know how to react, he had never been offered a role like this.

"Are you sure? There are more people outside" he stumbled on his words. Usually, the casting director contacts his agent. He had never had to make a decision like this.

"That performance was everything we have been looking for. We knew you would pull through." The woman spoke up, Timothée just nodded.

"It's four weeks around England then a week in Budapest. We have a couple of other places as well but we have to make disclosed agreements before hand." The second man said, Timothée tried to follow everything they were saying but his mind was racing.

"So, shall we sent your management the contract?" The director spoke up again. Timothée's eyes were tired from not blinking with shock and looking around at everyone.