40. changes

Ella didn't know where to go. She wandered the streets of New York, trying to think of who she knows. She could stay with Milo but that would just be stupid, she could call Saoirse but she had only met her once and it would be weird. She didn't know what to do.

She walked into a coffee shop and ordered a coffee; hoping no one would notice her. For once in her life, she didn't mind the idea of being invisible.

She thought about calling Lexie but then Lexie would just worry and want to fly over. She could call Robbie but what could he do. There was no one in  New York who she could turn to; she suddenly felt very alone.

Up until this point, New York had felt like home. Now she saw that it was only because of Timothée that she felt that way.

She ran her forefinger around the mug of coffee and sat for a while. She could call Pauline but would that be weird? There was no way she was calling Milo.

In the end she called Robbie to try and get her a hotel. All she could hear was her heart thumping as she held the phone up to her ear.

"Ella? What's wrong?" Robbie answered, Ella let out a little laugh at his response.

"I need a hotel room for tonight." Ella confessed, leaning her elbow on the table and holding her head in her hand.

"Why? What's happened?" His voice sounded so scared. "Where are you?" His questions came out faster than Ella could think.

"Timmy and I had a small disagreement. I just need a night to cool off." She explained, Robbie's heart sunk for her.

"Okay. I'll text you when I have the room. Where are you? I'll send a car." He insisted. Ella looked out the window and told him the street names she was at. Robbie hung up to get her a room while she sat feeling sorry for herself a little bit more.

"You told her to what?" Matt yelled, standing in front of Timothée who was a mess on the sofa.

"You don't understand Matt, her mom is toxic." He tried to explain. Matt paced around his room and shook his head.

"She doesn't know New York Timmy. It's late at night and she's just wandering the streets. Does that not worry you?" He asked, Timmy stood up and sorted his hair out.

"Of course it does. Why do you think I called you over?" He asked. Matt shook his head, disappointed in his best friend.

"What am I gonna do? I don't know where she is!" He burst, seemingly more scared than Timmy.

"I'm gonna call her." Timmy declared. Matts eyes widened.

"From what you've told me even I would want to get away from you for a while. A simple text will do." He tried to help but just sounded like an idiot, Timothée was also being an idiot and took his advice.

timmy: where are you? come home. please.

"Now we wait." Matt declared.

Ella stared at her phone and ignored the text. She wasn't mad at Timmy, she just needed some time away from him so she could think for herself.

She texted Tara the situation about her mother. She wanted to sort it out before she saw Timmy again.

ella: tim and i in a fight because of mum. facetime me please

tara incoming facetime call...

"Hey hun." She started, she looked as if she was at work and then Ella remembered the time difference.

"Hey. We need to sort this out." Ella got straight into it. She nodded but Ella could tell she wanted to ask about Timmy. "She called his management again. We had an argument because he wanted me to fire her." Ella explained.