Chapter 1 The General's Weird Sickness

In the center of Luo Yang province, Xiao Zhi Zhi, there was no one who didn't know this name.

As said, he is an orphan who is adopted by Monk Hui Wu, he was learning and practicing martial arts. How excellent his martial arts skills were, no ones didn't know it. Those people who were trying to test his martial arts, none of them would see the second day's sunrise.

Moreover, when he was at his twelve years old, he has already been joining the troop and repeating made meritorious military services. No wonder the court kept on sending him out to battle-field while his administrative position continuously increasing from the second rank officer post to the Great General. Perhaps going from second rank administrator to Great General position wasn't count as big of an achievement, but the power that he has held, the 1/3 of the country's military force was in his hands. It was more than enough for people to speak cautiously with him.

But the most 'legendary rumor' that spreading around about the twenty-five-year-old Xiao Zhi Zhi, he had neither a wife nor concubine. Moreover, he didn't have any scandalous romance1] with the most beautiful lady or any popular entertainer in this city. In order words, He was truly extremely 'clean'.

Often the people of Luo Yang city took this matter as a conversation topic during their leisure time, every day they would like to discuss the reasons for their Great General for being 'clean'.

Xiao Residence

The slender slim body was sitting on the chair, the refine beautiful good-looking face who has educated appearance somewhat showing such expressionless face. supported on his left hand, Xiao Zhi Zhi was reading the book the held by his hand, after he was done reading one page, his slender finger would gently stroke and turned to the next page, while the other hand put flat above the table, allowing the Imperial Doctor to examine his pulse.

The Imperial Doctor was trembling when drawing his hand back, looking at Xiao Zhi Zhi under-eyes that has a faint mark underneath his eyes. Showing his worries, sighed. Anger to himself why was he so unlucky today, being asked by Xiao's Mansion housekeeper to come here. If he knew earlier he would have asked for a sick leave and took rest at home.

"How is it?" A very calm voice asked. The Imperial Doctor was stunned for almost half a day until he regained back himself then he realizing the Great General has called him out.

"General, I am afraid you might be worrying about the country too much, so you are a little bit exhausted as long as you take care, I believe you will...." 

"I am just asking you when will I be able to sleep?" Xiao Zhi Zhi impatiently cut off The Imperial Doctor's words.

"This...Since it has been three days in which General hasn't slept, I will prescribe sleeping medicine. Maybe it would help."

"Is it Ginseng, Green Tangerine Peel (Qing Pi), The bark of the Cork Tree (Philodendron), Angelica, Radix, Sheng Ma, herb, Zhi Cao, these kinds of medicine?" Xiao Zhi Zhi raised his eyebrow. 

The Imperial Doctor felt his sweat dripping down from his forehead, in court everyone knew from the high to the low ranked levels that making the general sleep is harder than passed the Imperial Examination. The General's body itself is consisting of the group of poison, frankly, to say even by using drugs to make him unconscious, it stills something impossible. this is azurro4cielo.wordpress.com translation work.

"Does General have another wise opinion?" Imperial Doctor asked in a very 'humble' way. According to his past experiences, if the faint-mark underneath General's eyes deepened, it meant that his temperament would be worse, and now...the faint-mark underneath his eyes are deepened almost getting into the most dangerous moods.

"Are you asking me 'my wise opinion'? " He swept with his cold eyes and the tone of his voice has already changed. Once the Imperial Doctor heard it, his body staggered while taking three steps backward. 

This General Xiao ... Could it because he still in a bad mood, then he even has a thought to slaughter this small Imperial Doctor. 

Desperately, the Imperial Doctor tried to rack his brain quickly, and almost losing his smile, said: "This lowly one has a method. Maybe General could give it a try. General's body temperature is kind of cold, causing difficulty in attaining proper sleep. Perhaps by making General's body temperature same with average people, General might easily to fall asleep," pausing for a moment, Imperial Doctor tried to see whether there was or no any changes in Xiao Zhi Zhi expression, and continued to say: "Since long time ago, often those people who had warm body temperatures were able to warm others too. Maybe general could give it a try?" 

"Imperial Doctor Zhang, did you mean, are you asking someone to warm my general's body?" The head of Xiao Residence's housekeeper who was standing not so far, impatiently, and finally speaking out.

Imperial Doctor's old face suddenly turned red, "General can find some young maid to hug and attain some warm temperature..." 

All of Luo Yang's people knew that General Xiao is notoriously abstinent, he is not attracted to women. If the general wouldn't go according to this method, it wouldn't be his matter anymore if general still couldn't sleep.

Thinking about it, the Imperial Doctor's mood suddenly turned to be very good, he only thought on how to get rid this problem*] from himself and leave the Xiao's Residence as soon as possible. 

Suddenly, the sitting Xiao Zhi Zhi stood up from the chair, walking in front to the serving tea servant-maid, that maidservant possessed a kind of an obsessive look, he grabbed her and embraced her onto his chest and tried to close his eyes.

Jaw dropping to the ground!

Did this also work too? 

The Imperial Doctor and the head housekeeper, Xiao Ren, were dumbstruck seeing the scene in front of them. Feeling as if the lighting hit their heads. Even they knew the general is someone who lawlessness, but this thing was too...

"Do my eyes have problems?" Imperial Doctor asked and turned his look to Xiao Ren.

"I thought... No," Xiao Ren struggling shook his head. 

Shortly after, Xiao Zhi Zhi opened his eyes released the maid from his arm and seriously said to Xiao Ren: "Next time change her with a fatter one. This one is so thin, too loose when hugging." 

"Yes..." Xiao Ren twitched his mouth.

Note:

1] 风 Feng 流 Liu 韵 Yun 事Shi: (Idiom) Love Affair, Romance [In a negative way]

*] 烫 Tang 手 Shou 山 Shan 芋 Yu: Problem, trouble, hot-potato (idiom)