Hike

"This is my life now. I have climbed this hill and now I will die upon it."

"Shut up. We've only been hiking for twenty minutes."

"Its only been twenty minutes?!"

I huff and turn to face Jack. "Why are you complaining so much?"

"Because I don't understand how this is fun."

I carry on walking and hear a thump behind me, "Umph."

I turn to find Jack on his back. "I fell."

"I figured." I stand and watch him with my arms crossed in front of me. His hiking rucksack weighs him down and he looks like a turtle stuck on its back. He rocks from side to side trying to build to momentum to get himself off the floor.

"I need help."

Walking over to him, I grab his hands and pull him to his feet. He uses the motion to come all the way forward and kiss me on the forehead. I look up at him and he smiles. "Seriously though can we get off this hill?"

I laugh and rest my head on his chest. "The fresh air is good for us."

"I can get fresh air in my back garden."

"This is better fresh air."

"Highly doubt that."

I throw my head back and groan. "C'mon, for me? Please."

"Fine. But you owe me."

When we finally make it to the top we sit on a bench. "That was awful." Jack complains from beside me.

"It wasn't that bad."

He levels me with a stare, "Ok, so it wasn't the best but we got to spend all this time together."

"I don't get how that's a positive."

I hit him and he laughs, leaning over to kiss me.

"Lets go home." He whispers.

---------------------------------------

Vote & comment if you feel like it xo

Do you like walking? I did my Duke of Edinburgh expedition and I don't think I'll go walking ever again 😂