Chapter 13

It was a state of conscious and oblivion when he heard those voices.

"I....he....help me please...."

The familiarity of which was unnerving.

"I'll stay."

They were faint at first. Coming each at a time. But slowly they were flashing like lightning bolts.

"What am I? A bait?"

He didn't wanna listen to this. He wanted it to stop.

"I was chosen to go through all this because I could endure it. Because I was able to come out of it strong. That's why it was put in my life not yours."

Stop. For the love of everything holy stop!

"Memories can't be broken like that. "

But this memory was messing with his head.

"Family is worth fighting for. Family is worth giving the benefit of doubt. Family is worth forgetting and moving on."

What could he do to come out of this maze unscathed? Where he knew he was in for more than he bargained for.

"And even If I end up messing my life again I promise I won't ask for help from someone like Rayyan Ahmed Khan."

Silence. It was silence. Finally.

"Have a good life, Mr. Khan. And yeah, Let's hope. We shall never meet again."

With a start he sat up straight on the couch. He'd dozed off after coming back home not knowing what was about to hit him.

This wasn't some weird dream. It were memories. Vivid. Ready to swallow him alive.

He shook his head and stood up. The shock was turning into a fury. This was wrong on so many levels. He didn't want this. He didn't need this.

Noor Fatima was messing up with his head and he hadn't given anyone this permission. He needed something to keep his mind off her. She was just a girl, right? It won't be difficult for him to shake his head off her stupid thoughts.

He knew what he had to do.

_______________

The girl settled her clothes while smoothing her hair. She was right now in the lift which was taking her to penthouse of this seven star hotel. She had been called to spend a night with a man she knew was loaded and she could not stop the excitement bubbling through her.

Once in front of it, she opened the door with the card and entered inside. Placing her bag on the table she looked around and found a lone figure sitting close to the mini bar.

"RAK?"

She called out his name. He turned around and she couldn't believe she was going have this sexy specimen for the night. She remembered how her agent had described the guy but he didn't do justice to the aura he had. RAK was far more than she had imagined. Now she couldn't wait for them to hit the bed and do what she was yearning to do with him.