Chapter Forty Two

"Two teaspoons of sugar," Ahmed said. "Play with your hair when you don't know what to say."

"Crack your knuckles when your bored. Obsessed with green tea — it's doesn't even taste good," I said.

"It's doesn't matter if it doesn't taste good. It's healthy," He responded. Ahmed and I are doing this thing where we point out our quirks and behaviors. We came up with it, as way to get to know each other. Our honeymoon destination is a beautiful house by a great view — the ocean. It's secluded and very peaceful, all you hear is the sound of the waves crashing on the cliff and early in the morning you can hear the birds chirping.

"Okay whatever you say. Sleep without a blanket. Hate ice-cream. I still can't get over the fact that you don't like ice-cream, it's not okay."

"Says the person who hates candy."

"Hey! Those are bad for you. Having ice-cream is therapeutic," I told him.

"Sure," He said got up from his seat. Ahmed walked  around the table and stood besides me. The moment I stood up, he wrapped his arms around me.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Oh just hugging my wife," He replied in a playful manner. He kissed me on the cheeks, multiple of times.

"Haha stop. Stop," I said.

"Let's go to bed." He let go of me.

"It's 7:00 o'clock in the morning," I looked at him and narrowed my eyes. He carried me — bridal style.

"You know I can walk," I stated as I put my arms around his neck.

"I know," He said and smiled, while looking ahead.

"Well why do you have to carry me? You have been doing this..."

"I don't know why you're complaining. Most women would be happy to be carried with their husbands," He interjected.  Ahmed walks in the bedroom.

"I am not complaining. I am just saying that you do this very frequently — carry me around," I said as he kept me on the bed. I stopped talking when I noticed Ahmed's silence and his observing eyes, soon we locked gazes.

"So you do like me carrying you around," he said in a low-husky tone. A smirk forms on his face, as he leans towards me.

"That's not what I said," I told him, and after that I remained silent. Ahmed gently ran his fingers through my hair, then rested his hand on the side of my face. My whole body tensed up, as I tried not to freak out. I watched his head slowly tilted as he leaned even closer and captured a kiss.

...

"What do you mean you don't know how to swim?" Ahmed asked me while pulling my hand.

"I don't know how to swim! I really don't. I never took out my floaties!" I yelled, trying to convince him not to pull me further into the water.

"Okay I'll teach you then," He spoke calmly as he still held my hand, forcefully.

"No no," I told him.

"So you've been watching Imad swim while you don't know how to swim. What if something happened while he was swimming that required you to go in and help him out," He tried to play worst case scenario.

"And that's why I insisted on swimming lessons. Now he's a great swimmer." But little did he know I thought of it before him.

"But now you need to know how to swim. And who better to teach you then your husband?"

"Hah," I laughed agitated. "That's great Ahmed, that you're concerned. I am okay," I said.

"I won't let go. I promise," He said in a sincere tone. "I'll hold you," He said. I stopped resisting little by little I walked nearer to him.