22. Moment To Ourselves- Ben POV

Finally, Rey and I had a moment to ourselves again. No First Order or Resistance to worry about... at least for the moment. We found a hill-filled flowery field that we strolled on together for a bit. I had dropped my disguise yards behind me. There was some awkward tension for a bit... because we had of course not truly discussed what happened on Jakku. Rey is the one who finally broke the silence.

"So..." she said.

"So..."

"Are you okay?"

I nodded at her with a smirk on my face.

"Good," she said, "I was... worried about you." She turned her head away as we kept walking through the flowery field of Naboo, but I could tell that she was blushing.

Suddenly, the flowery hill greatly inclined, and we found ourselves both tripping over our own feet and rolling down. The sound of Rey's laughter made my heart beat faster. When we stopped rolling, Rey fell on top of me and gasped. I gulped at the closeness of her to me, and I pulled her closer. She ran her fingers through my hair, and I felt my heart practically beating out of my chest.

"Rey..." I gasped.

"Shh..." she said, pulling my lips to hers.

The touch of Rey's lips on mine made all of my worries and insecurities dissolve into nothingness.

"Rey..." I said through broken up breaths, "I love you..."

"What?" she whispered, kissing me more passionately.

I grabbed her cheeks and gently pulled her face a few inches away from mine.

"I love you."

Rey looked at me deep in the eyes, as if she was staring into my soul.

"I love you, Ben Solo," Rey said to me. She glanced around the field. "We need to go somewhere where we won't be spotted."

"The Resistance is all in the city," I said. "We're in the middle of nowhere."

Rey kissed me again. "There's nowhere I'd rather be."