The Twins Fight!

It's hard to believe it's been this long. I had already been at Ouran for a few months now. Since the other morning, when Kyoya heard me play, I had become a little more comfortable practicing in the mornings. I have also noticed that the twins have softened up toward me. They seem more comfortable, enough that I have gotten to know them. I suppose ever since they discovered I was a girl, they didn't seem as concerned about my taking over Kyoya's position in the club. Though, I find they're reasoning confusing, I'm grateful they don't avoid me in the halls anymore.

Despite all the craziness and confusion, I think that I have actually enjoyed my time here. Today we were supposed to have a normal day at the host club, and I was looking forward to not dressing up in cosplay. I need a break. I hope it will be a relaxing day.

                             .               .                .

"Let's play the 'Which One is Hikaru' game!"

I looked over to see the twins wearing identical hats. For the girls, I presumed, it would be much harder to tell them apart with the hats. I knew them well enough, though, that I was usually able to tell the two of them apart.

"Well, it's hard to say. You're so identical!" some of the girls switched back and forth between the two, trying to figure them out.

"Many ladies have tried to tell us apart, but so far none have succeeded."

"That's the dumbest game I've ever heard of." Haruhi spoke up next to me.

"What? Have you got a problem with it, Haruhi?"

"Not really, I just don't understand why the two of you are so popular."

"That's not very nice. Apparently, you don't understand the merits of having a pair of twins as members of the host club...."

I could see where they were going with this. The girls sure seem to get a kick out of the struggle between the taboo twin attraction. To each their own... I guess.

At that point I felt a weight on my shoulder. I pulled out of my reverie to see Kaoru by my side and Hikaru next to Haruhi.

"Besides," they murmured, "who hasn't fantasized about twins? Having two loves is better than one, don't you think?"

Feeling uncomfortable,  I shrugged Kaoru off my shoulder. No. No, I do not. I wandered away and noticed Kyoya fast at work on his laptop.

I leaned over the back of the sofa. I could see the outline of the document he was working on.

"Can I help you with something?" He glanced up at me, and all too suddenly our faces were a bit too close for my liking.

I straightened, feeling a little warm. "No, I just ended up here after getting away from the twins. What are you working on?"

"I'm getting a head start on the project that we are working on for math. I figured I might as well start on some of the calculations."

"You mean the one we are supposed to be working on together?" I sounded indignant as I plopped myself down on the sofa next to him, "Shouldn't we work on that, you know, together?"

"Well, since you're here, we need to finish off these. You can work on the other half." he handed me the second half of our large packet.

In order to study for exams at the end of the year, and the more critical mid-terms coming up in two weeks, our teacher had assigned a project consisting of varying concepts that would be included on the final exam. Oh, and we were in partners, and I was stuck with the one person in class who never needed help with anything. So much for helping each other out.