A Narcissist Makes a Bad Date

"Anyway," my blind date continued after the waitress took our plates, "that's how the archduke of Spain and I saved the world."

"Right...." I sighed awkwardly, not really believing his latest incredulous story in a line of what felt like hundreds.

"Where did you say you went to school again?" He asked, disinterestedly.

"Oh, I didn't. I attend Our-" I started, eager to actually share something about myself, hopefully saving this date, before I was interrupted.

"That reminds me of just two years ago when I was a new first-year. I do believe that was when I caught the culprit of the 'School Thief Incident'." He paused, "I truly am a heroic person." He sighed, complacent in his narcissism.

"Somebody take me away from here!" I pleaded silently.

"Look, I think maybe I'll just..." I started to gather my bag and jacket. This date was going nowhere fast.

Mr. Narcissist stood coming around to block me from leaving. "Where are you going, we're having so much fun."

"No, you're having 'so much fun.'" I said, using my fingers for air quotes, "I'm feeling bored and ignored. Besides this isn't exactly my idea of fun."

My thoughts momentarily shifted back to an amusement park date with Kyoya before I shook my head and returned to the present.

"Whatever makes you think that? Come now, sit down." He said trying to take my wrist and guide me back to the table.

Feeling uncomfortable, I tried to pull away. Before I got very far, though, an arm snaked around my waist pulling me close to a familiar presence.

"I believe the lady has made it clear she doesn't want to be here." Kyoya's voice spoke above my ear.

"R-right. Who are you?" Mr. Narcissist shivered, seeming to cower away under Kyoya's steely gaze.

"Her boyfriend." He said, as if that were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Her- her boyfriend? Then why were you on a date with me?" He turned toward me on the latter question, looking thoroughly confused.

"Ah, yes. My boyfriend. My grandmother gets very enthusiastic about my love life, so I've been nervous to tell her. In the mean time, she has still been setting me up on these blind dates and I didn't want to disappoint her." I mostly lied.

Mr. Narcissist looked confused and slightly terrified from the aura Kyoya was emitting. He didn't question anymore though. Then, he slid back into his chair, clearly defused.

"Come along, Akira." Kyoya slid his hand from my waist and grabbed my hand as he winked down at me.

"Su-Sure." I mumbled as he pulled me out of the restaurant, my mind too consumed with what just happened to freak out over Kyoya holding my hand.

KYOYA POV (3 HOURS EARLIER):

Fuyumi walked in the dining room as I sat alone working on my literature assignment.

She sighed, "I heard Rohi Suru has another victim today."

"Oh?" I questioned, not all that interested.

Rohi was an unbearable narcissist, didn't care about other people in the slightest, and up to this point had been on twenty blind dates in the last two months. None of which went successfully.

"Yes, I heard it's one of the Fukushima girls. I think her name is Akira?" She spoke, immediately piquing my interest.

Akira? I can't believe that idiot gets to go on a date with her.