An Apprentice for the Host King

As I drifted toward music room 3 after another long day of school, I noticed Mori-senpai walking ahead of me. I sped up to catch him.

"Hey Mori-senpai." I slowed my pace next to his, "Are you feeling better after your procedure? You sure were...fun afterward."

Mori looked at me confused, "Did I say something?"

"Oh, you said quite a bit. It was amusing." I chuckled.

"Hn." Mori looked thoughtful before turning ahead again as he walked.

Well, guess he's back to normal now. Before I could say anything else, some kid rushed past us. He hesitated briefly in front of us at the music room doors before confidently pushing the door open.

That's new. I don't think I have ever seen a kid running anywhere in this school, let alone toward the host club room. By this time I had realized that Mori had already wandered in while I was standing there looking like a dork. I walked through the still open door to see the entire host club gathered around staring at the little kid that had zoomed past Mori and me just a minute earlier. I snuck around the boy to stand next to Kyoya as Tamaki addressed him.

"What's wrong little boy? Did you come to my palace in search of something?"

"Are you the king of this place?" You had to go there kid, you had to go there. Tamaki looked as though he could lay on a cloud and float away.

"Come closer, lost one. What was it you just called me?"

"The king."

"Yes, I am the king of the Ouran Host Club. Long live the king!" Way to inflate his ego...

Quickly recovering, the boy spoke up, "I'm an elementary 5th year, Shiro Takaoji! I want the host club king to take me on as an apprentice!

*     * *

Currently, the new kid, Shiro, was watching Tamaki while he hosted while sitting about two inches away. While I usually didn't find the hosts impressive, I had to admit I was impressed that he could keep going while Shiro was practically under his nose constantly.

"Remind me why we let him join again?" I turned my attention to Kyoya as I spoke.

"He may be just an elementary student, however, Tamaki insisted that we help the boy. And, should he prove to be popular, it could bring in quite a bit of revenue for the club." Kyoya stated matter-of-factly.

Typical, just typical. Couldn't Kyoya put business aside for one moment and realize that we were teaching an elementary kid how to woo girls? It just didn't seem quite right for someone of his age to be doing that, regardless of whether he asked to learn or not.

Suddenly, things were not so collected over at Tamaki's table. Apparently, after I had walked over and asked, Shiro had said some things that only a kid would say, and had broken Tamaki's composure. Tamaki had said that beauty was best admired from up close, but it looked to me as though that had been his downfall.

"Are you a cross dresser?" Shiro asked Haruhi and I, bringing out of my reverie. How long was I zoned out? When did he get over here?

After that, Tamaki and the twins were falling over themselves trying to cover for me and Haruhi, saying things about our manliness and how Haruhi was too macho to carry a tea set. They then tried to hand the tea set to Shiro, after which he promptly dropped it and blamed Haruhi. This kid...