The Sun, the Sea, and Suspicion

"The Beach?" Haruhi and I questioned, currently seated at one of the tables in the host club room while studying.

"Of course, the beach!" The twins responded, in perfect unison.

"But why?" Haruhi turned around to look at them, and I glanced at her before looking back to them.

"Because you said you'd like to go to a real beach." Kaoru responded.

"Did I say that?"

"Yes, Haruhi," the twins backed up to show a whole array of swimsuits that had almost magically appeared in the room.
"Here's the fun part," they continued, "we brought a whole bunch of swimsuits to choose from. Pretty cute, don't you think?"

"Not that one!" Hani-senpai interjected, holding up a blue one-piece, "I think this one would look cuter on Haru-Chan."

Wagging their fingers, Hikaru and Kaoru spoke, "I don't think you get it Hani-senpai, this uniform barely hides the fact that Haruhi's as flat as a cutting board."

Not wanting to get involved anymore at this point, I migrated my studying over to the couch. Which, coincidentally, was still near all the swimsuits, but no longer in the twins' direct line of fire. Despite trying to study, my ears picked up on the conversation again.

"Can Usa-Chan come?" Hani-senpai asked, holding Usa-Chan up.

"I have no problem with that," responded Kyoya, causing me to look over at him.

~ "You're such an idiot.....you act like I don't care about you." ~ I remembered back to our last beach-like excursion, when Kyoya said that to me.  I suddenly felt rather warm and shook off the thought. Tamaki's voice pulled me back to the present.

"Why not? Let's go to the beach!" He declared.

.     .     .

In the end, we went to Okinawa, because, as Kyoya rudely pointed out, 'there's no way a commoner like Haruhi owns a passport.' Plus, Kyoya's family had their own private beach here. Might as well make use of his family's resources.

After getting settled in, Haruhi and I realized we wouldn't be able to wear our swimsuits. Tamaki had brought all the girls along for a traveling host club gig, I guess. So much for being able to swim around and actually enjoy the beach... So, in the end, Haruhi and I opted to chill under an umbrella where we could see the most of the girls lined up a little way off to have some "alone time" with Tamaki, and Kyoya at the head of the line making sure it all went smoothly. The twins were off in the other direction playing volleyball with some girls, and Mori and Hani-senpai were with two girls doing what looked like a cross between yoga and martial arts training.

All things considered, it was still quite relaxing. Some time later, some girls approached Haruhi and I, "Umm, Haruhi? Akira? Aren't you going swimming with us?"

"No, I like looking at the sea from a safe distance." Haruhi responded turning to face them.

"I just felt like relaxing on the shore, you guys should go swim and enjoy the water. You have such cute swimsuits on after all." I said facing them as well, reminding myself to be in host mode.

"I can't believe he fooled us." Hikaru started.

"Who'd have thought he'd bring the ladies along?" Kaoru continued.

"I certainly didn't expect it."

"You were invited on an all-expenses-paid vacation for a reason. That is to keep our clients entertained." Kyoya spoke up, writing something in his notebook.