Debating

Greta's POV:
  I wake up early the next morning to no Brahms in sight. My weight shifts as I move to sit up. The spot where Brahms had lain the night before is now cold. All that is left to prove that he was actually there are the wrinkles in the bed sheets.
   My hand automatically stretches out to flatten the sheets before I force my body up and out of the bed.
I tiptoe out of the room and down the stairs scared to suddenly bump into Brahms after how I acted last night.
How could you let him in so easily?
I shake my head quickly as I try to ignore last nights events.
"are you okay?" His voice says from the kitchen doorway. I look up at him shocked and then around the room confused as to how I got here so quickly.
I shake it off though and respond with a subtle nod. Brahms frowns at my reaction, but he doesn't say anything about it. I watch him turn away from me and go back to... cooking?
"You're... cooking?" I ask.
"Yes, it looks to be so." He responds with a chuckle.
  " how...?"
" I've been watching you cook since you got here and I've picked up some things" He turns around and faces me with a light smile on his face.
  "Here, try it." He says as a spoon full of Mac and cheese is thrust towards my face.
  My eyes go from the steaming food to Brahms face and back. He looks so excited... I can't just turn it down... so I lean my head forward and eat off the spoon he is holding. When my lips wrap around the utensil I make eye contact with Brahms briefly before averting my gaze and blushing.
Gosh Greta get you're mind out of the gutter...
"Good?" He asks a little hesitantly.
I take a moment to actually taste and enjoy the macaroni, which is surprisingly good for a first time cook, so I nod my head and give him a soft smile.
We eat in silence until Brahms places his hand on my thigh. The sudden touch causes me to jump in my seat. I look at Brahms with wide eyes.
"Greta, about last night..."
"No"
"What?"
"No. We are not talking about last night"
With that said I get up from my seat and go to my bedroom. Once in my room I flop down on my bed and sigh.
That could've been bad...
I shove my face into my pillow and groan.
"Greta, I-I'm sorry"
My head jerks up at the sound of his voice, but I don't turn to look at him.
"It's okay"
I close my eyes as I hear his footsteps approaching my bed.
  "N-not just about what happened downstairs just now. I'm... I'm sorry about last night.. and about the...the um b-brand and tying you to the bed and killing Malcolm a-and keeping you here against your w-will... I'm just so s-sorry,Greta...."
  I look up at him and my tear filled eyes scan over his tear streaked face.
  "... Brahms-"
"But I can't let you go..." he says softly as he breaks eye contact with me.
"Excuse me?"
"I can't let you go, Greta"
"You said all of that just to get my hopes up and then throw it all back in my face?!?"
"No no no! I-I said it t-to help you understand-"
"Understand what Brahms?? That you're a psychopath?? Because believe me I already knew that"
I watch his expression sadden and I subtly scoot away from him suddenly feeling guilty.
  "Greta... I love you and I'm sorry that you aren't comfortable with that fact. And I'm sorry for everything that I have done to make you hate me. Truly, I am, but I cannot change the past. Just please try to forgive me even just a little bit."
With that he stands up and walks away from me. As he walks away I feel the tears starting to make themselves known. My chest begins to tighten and my heart pounds as I watch his retreating figure.
"I love you too"

Hey guys it's me! I'm back! So sorry I haven't updated recently. I started college and it is kicking my behind. I haven't been writing much because
1) I have to write so much for school
2) I got really sad that this is coming to an end
3) I don't feel that confident in my writing right now so if this chapter is eh that is why
But I hope you guys like this chapter even a little bit. Again I'm sorry for the wait and I am in the process of writing other chapters slowly but surely.
Please vote, comment, share, and add to your reading lists. Thank you so much for reading. Thank you for your support and patience! ♥️