BABE

real quick: this is cesar and spooky's day together, kay bye!!

"with all the santos at his crib, it's like a safe house," ruby assured a stressed out olivia – who was worried about her novio and her amiga, "as long as they lay low and don't show, they're all good,"

"i am all good," cesar said as he walked up to a portion of his friend group.

"what are you doing here?" ruby asked concerned.

"yeah, you shouldn't be here," monse stated, taking note that her best friend wasn't around.

"i have a math test," cesar said, almost as if it was obvious.

"cesar, you have a green light on you," olivia whispered.

"i'm spooky's brother. i have a green light every day," cesar responded.

"if something happens to you–"

"i'm fine," cesar interrupted olivia, grabbing her waist, "i'm gonna be in and out. just here for the test, okay? so don't worry, worry about your quince. your dress is coming today, right?" in which olivia responded with a nod.

"trust me, i'll be good," cesar now reassured.

as olivia walked away, monse, ruby, and cesar made the space between them smaller, so that the three could talk more privately.

"i need a favor," cesar began, "take olivia's mind off me today. get her to focus on her quince,"

"we can do that," ruby promised, nodding his head.

"go straight home after school. the block is hot and i need you guys to stay safe," cesar said, glancing between the two infront of him.

"but what about you and esperanza? how do we make sure you two are safe?" monse asked, as cesar's phone dinged from a text he just received.

"uh, i got to go. shit," cesar said, reading the text from his older brother, "tell ms. blanchard i'm sick or something,"

and leaving with that, cesar made his way to the back entrance of the school to meet his hermano.

as cesar walked up to the locked gate, he checked his back before opening the gate and slipping through with ease.

as cesar sat down in oscar's car, he said, "you don't need to say it–"

"i'm gonna say it," oscar cut cesar off, "what the hell's wrong with you? you can't be out here in the open,"

"i'm sorry," cesar apologized, "but i had a math test. this teacher will fail my ass–"

"god-damn math test?" spooky yelled, hitting his steering wheel, "i told you to stay at the crib – like esperanza. use your head, before someone puts a bullet in it," oscar said as he pushed his brothers head.

"i'm sorry, all right?" cesar said.

"it sucks being stuck," oscar claimed, "just don't be so stupid," causing cesar to nod his head.