Lollipops - Chapter 35

"Ugh! Excuse me!" Naomi weaved her way through the crowded halls, desperately chasing after Sirius. She had already lost sight of Sirius, because he was purposely running away from her. His long legs easily ran out of her sight.

She was rather hurt by Sirius' actions, wondering why he was purposely running away from her; ignoring her calling his name. Nonetheless, she knew that he was hurt right now and probably wanted to be alone.

Quite frankly, Naomi wasn't sure why Sirius was so offended by her hugging Remus. She briefly wondered if he was jealous, but that idea was quickly dismissed when she realized the absurdity of the idea.

As she hurried after Sirius, she saw Sirius look back and saw a surprised look surpass his face.

"You're still following me?" He demanded her, rushing over to her.

"Yes, of course I am." She said in a tone.

It was then that Naomi realized the hall they were in was empty. They must've travelled a rather long distance to have reached an empty hallway. Though, she hadn't even noticed, too preoccupied with catching up with Sirius.

"Now, mind telling me why you ran off like that?" Naomi crossed her arms and cast Sirius an unimpressed look. "You know, I'm late for class because of you."

"Well, no one forced you to come," Sirius had replied with that same nasty tone, crossing his arms to resemble Naomi's stance.

Naomi cast Sirius a displeased expression again. "That's not my point. Why were you so mad when I was hugging Remus? You stormed off for no good reason—"

"Eugh!" Sirius cut off Naomi with an inhumane sound. Naomi stared at him appallingly. He tugged his hair in frustration. "You don't get it!"

Naomi furrowed her eyebrows and stared at him in confusion, slowly uncrossing her arms. Slightly softening her voice, she questioned, "Get what?" Sirius didn't answer her, so she asked him again. "What don't I get, Sirius?"

Sirius looked at a loss for words. In an attempt to regain his composure, he frantically smoothed down his curls and anxiously licked his lips.

"Nothing, Naomi. Forget I even said anything."

Naomi crinkled her nose, displeased by Sirius' words. "I won't. Now tell me why you're so angry!"

Sirius looked at Naomi in irritation. "Would you just lay off?"

He said it harsher than he would've intended to. Naomi backed away from him with a hurt expression, but she concealed it before he saw.

"Okay, then," she slowly said. "Talk to me when you're ready."

She cast him a slow look before slowly turning around. She could feel his eyes following her retreating figure, but she paid no mind. When Sirius decided to stop being immature, he could talk to her, she firmly thought.

————–

During lunchtime, when Naomi sat with the Marauders and the girls, she couldn't help but notice that Sirius was absent.

"Where's Sirius?" She asked everyone the moment she arrived.

The only one who replied was James, who paused shovelling food in his mouth to reply. With a mouth full of food, he answered, "I donth fno. E dijn't sho uf to ny o hish clafjes."

Naomi blinked. She turned her head away. "Remus? Have you heard from Sirius?"

Remus shrugged. "No. Not since the incident in the morning."

Her friends curiously perked up at the word 'incident'.

"Wat infiden?" James curiously stopped eating, his mouth still full.