Lollipops - Chapter 39

It was finally nighttime, and the time was approaching when Naomi was going to meet Sirius on the Astronomy Tower. She couldn't stop feeling so anxious and excited all throughout the day, that she had to take a nap to calm herself down. Now, the time that she'd been waiting for was steadily approaching, and she was going to tell Sirius about her curing.

Dressed in her usual attire, Naomi began to head downstairs to the common room, and was relieved to find that no prefects were there. She exited the room and made her way out of the Ravenclaw Tower. Once she made her way to the castle, she began to take the usual route that she took to the Astronomy Tower. However, just as she was about to round a corner, she heard what sounded like two boys bickering.

Quickly, she ducked and hid behind the corner, waiting for them to leave.

The two pairs of footsteps stopped, and the boys remained bickering in the same place. Naomi sighed in annoyance and realized that she would probably have to take another route to the Astronomy Tower. But she stopped moving when she realized how familiar the two voices sounded. Was that Regulus and Drew she was hearing? Why on earth were they in the corridors so late at night, arguing with each other?

She realized that she didn't really have a right to eavesdrop and she began to walk away, but she abruptly stopped walking when she heard the words come out of Regulus' mouth:

"He will kill us."

Naomi's eyes drastically widened by how serious and desperate Regulus sounded, and her blood ran cold. Despite this not being any of her business, she was concerned. Who was going to kill them? Were they in need of some help?

Interrupting her train of thought, she heard Drew persistently say to Regulus. "He'll only kill us if he finds out, which he won't! The Horcrux won't be difficult to find if we—"

"Enough with this nonsense, Drew," Regulus hissed angrily.

Naomi tried to figure things out. What was a Horcrux? She had never heard of one before, but from the way Drew said it, it sounded like something of importance.

"We won't ever be able to take on the Dark Lord, no matter how much planning we do." Regulus said in a much softer tone.

Naomi froze again. Drew and Regulus were trying to take on Voldemort? It suddenly made sense to Naomi. Both Regulus and Drew were forced into becoming Death Eaters by their parents. But had they both hated it so much that they were willing to kill Voldemort to be free?

"Yes, we can, Regulus. If we don't kill him soon enough, then he'll kill us. We can't live like this. Once we kill the Horcrux, we can get to him. Then it'll be over." She heard Drew say.

Before the conversation could continue, she heard a familiar meow come out of the mouth of a cat, easily identified as Mrs. Norris.

"Blimey, you better make a run for it. I'm a prefect so Mr. Filch won't care if I'm here," she heard Drew say.

"Right," Regulus murmured. "We'll talk more about this later."

She heard Regulus beginning to walk in her direction. By the time she realized that he was going to see her, it was too late to hide. Before she knew it, he was standing right in front of her.

He gasped at the sight of her hiding behind the corner, "Naomi?"

Naomi cringed because she knew that Drew heard him. At once, Drew appeared right beside Regulus, looking surprised.

"Naomi? What are you doing down here at this time?" Drew demanded, looking rather mad that Naomi could've heard him.

"I could ask you the same question," she crossed her arms, not allowing Drew to place all the blame on her.