wolf culture

Why is there the Heat?

     Female werewolves are rare and the species is in decline. Real mates took too long to find. Therefore the Council agreed that females were to be claimed during a Run in a state that changes every year. All unmated Wolves are forced to participate with, as only other option, death.

Are there other ways for males to claim a female than the Heat?

     Yes. In Amaruq, the Mating Games bring two Wolves of equal strength together. In Aldhiyb, Mbwa Mwitu and Volk, the females are sold via auction. Males may only buy one female. In Otso, the Match brings the Wolves who complete each other together. In Lobisomem, the fathers decide who their daughters and son will mate. In Ulfur (where this story is situated), there is the Heat.

Names

     In Wolf Culture, it is considered impolite to use a female's name if one is not her mate, her blood family or another female. Females are not aloud to call a male other than her mate or her blood family by their name.

All about females

     Females are property of their father then, later, of their mate. When females have pups, they belong solely to the male that helped create them. They have heats two times a year, in April and October. They last a month. When a female has a pup, she becomes a bitch.