Chapter 30

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A MORNING SCENE STARRING ETNA AND LYCAON. SOME PEOPLE (THEM) DO NOT LIKE BEING WOKEN UP IN THE MORNING. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

For the first time in what felt like forever I woke up warm and well rested. My body was curled into a hard, sculpted one, my face nestled in their neck. He smelled like a snack. A very good snack. Fenris' arms were holding me tight against him, his legs intertwined with mine. His breath ruffled the top of my head, and warmed the inside of my thick sweater. I was damn lucky to have a personal portable heater wherever I went. Not many people could say they did. Mine was hot as bonus.

For the first time, too, I didn't murder Fenris when I realized he was holding me close. Maybe because I wasn't aloud to do so today. After all, I had been the one to curl up against, my back to the fire as I whined lightly in content. I had a large source of heat on one side and a raging fire on the other. My belly was fairly full and I was warm, with my soulmate.

I was happy.

Movement made me roll over, alert. If I had been in wolf state, my ears would be perked, black lips half-lifted to reveal sharp white fangs. My facial features were close to those, even if I was human. The smell hadn't reached my nostrils, as I'd been more concentrated on Fenris' delicious scent that on a potential threat.

Luckily it was only a large white wolf with a black mane and fur around golden eyes. The smell of other and death and mystery reached my nostrils. Morrigan. She nodded at me and I lay back down against Fenris. He trembled as I started trailing soft kisses along his throat. It was incredible that a Wolf would let that happen. Our throats were very vulnerable despite the thicker fur at that area, and only the most trusted one were aloud anywhere near there. Even my parents had never had their head around it.

Fenris blew out a thick breath and tightened his arms around me. He tilted his head to look at me, lazily opening one, then another eye of silver beauty. I observed him silently with the only eye I had, the vision of the other one fading into swirls of gray and white. It was useless.

"You're still here," Fenris stated.

His voice was rough and low and undeniably hot.

I looked at him weirdly.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I questioned.

"I thought I'd dreamed last night," he admitted.

"Why, do you usually dream of me?"

"In all honesty, yes. You're my soulmate, and to the difference of you, I've known and accepted since the start. Of course I'd dream of you. Dressed. Naked. Under me. On top of me. I've imagined you every way possible."

"Wow. I was just hoping you were alive so I could cut your balls off for getting yourself into that mess and almost dying. And I possibly—" I swallowed, "—cared about you."

"Awwww. You two are too cute," a third voice barged into the conversation.

I turned my head so fast I almost got whiplash. A tall, beast of a man with bronze russet hair and one blue and one gray eye was looking at us with a reading glint in the irises. The gray one had a long, vertical scar running through it, and I guessed he must have been in the same situation as me. I picked up the scent of fight and fire and family and friendship and smiles. Teras. The Beast.

I'd just heard the terrifying Beast of the stories and legends awww.

"Did you just 'awww'?" I questioned dumbly.

"You have a problem with that, Alpha Queen?" he asked daringly.

"Who are you?" Fenris interrupted.

Teras turned his gaze to him.

"I'm Teras, at your service, Alpha King."

"Why 'Alpha King'?"

"Because you are my Alpha Queen's soulmate and the beholder of Fenrir's wild. My loyalty lies within you and my Alpha Queen."

"Damn, I knew I were that important when I was a Rogue scavenging for food..." Fenris smirked, "I'm pretty sure I would have had the best food in the North Lands offered to me."

I rolled my eyes at him.

Etna growled at us.

"Shut up little shits," she grumbled, "While some of you are having a party, others are trying to sleep. Me, for example."

Fenris leaned to my ear.

"Who is she?" he asked.

"Etna. She's a Rogue that sheltered Teras for two days and ended up tagging along when he started looking for me," I explained.

"Is she always this grum—" he started.

"Wolves can link for a fucking reason, mutts. Use the Gods' gift of fucking mind-speech instead of talking aloud for my sake!" Etna growled again.

"Wake up, fucker," Teras finally shouted at the she-Wolf, "It's like fucking nine in the morning!"

"Just my point, bastard! It's too early for your annoying voice!" she yelled back, turning around finally.

"Oh shut up all of you!" a gruff but powerful voice called from somewhere else in the cave.

I assumed it was Lycaon.

"You ain't my Alpha, grump-ass!" Etna responded flippantly.

"No, but I won't hesitate to fucking tie you up to a rock outside like a dog. Shut up."

"If you do that, you might find a surprise between your legs next time you wake up, asshole!" Etna threatened.

That was when Morrigan appeared at the entrance of the cave, in human shape this time.

"Yes, girl. That is how you deal with Lycaon. You learn fast," she approved.

"Stop teaching them untrue things, Morrigan!" Lycaon protested from wherever he was.

"I was coming to ask where we were heading after the morning breakfast hunt, butt face. Not to talk to you," she threw at him.

"Is respect towards elders dead, then?" the male called again.

"Lycaon, I am thousands of years older than you. Shut your trap," she turned to me, fixing that golden gaze on me. "So where shall we go, Alpha Queen?"

"To the East. I have a Clan to rally before some weak Wolf thinks he's strong enough to take my place."

"Then to the East we shall go."

A/N) I actually have an excuse for the lateness of this chapter.
I'm a procrastinator. I left the chapter to the last moment. Then, I had to correct my brother's math homework, then I played with my dog, and then I finished the chapter. BUT HERE IT IS PEOPLE!! Enjoy the drama!
(Listening to Latino pop as I'm writing, as always)
Vote, comment, share
- Lexie

Where are you from?

I live in France, spend my day in Switzerland and am half American half French.