Chapter Eight

Lily was sat between Mrs Khan and Mr Booth, two of the strongest teachers, with the Principal staring her down from his desk in front of her. Mr Booth seemed wired, no doubt cause she'd punched one of his pack in the face, and Mrs Khan was eerily still as though she was waiting for Lily to try something, anything, to get her out of the office.

Principal Henry Lauren, however, was frowning at her.

"Lily, would you explain to us what happened in the cafeteria during lunch?" He asked gently, and Lily almost buckled under his kind stare. 

The Principal had seen Lily in his office multiple times over the past few years since she lost her family. She'd been in here with Aunt Ollie and the school councellor, and whenever she had been upset and hid in the library for a lesson instead of learning Mr Booth always sniffed her out and brought her here, and Mrs Khan was always there to hold her when she cried.

This time, the witch teacher was there was a precaution. The only one of the three with some power to lock her down if Lily suddenly snapped into her creature. 

Lily stared at the leather bracelet on her wrist and the deep scratch that went through it. Croft didn't break it completely, but if she kept wearing it now it would eventually break. She almost touched it as she spoke to the Principal.

"I saved Alice, Alpha Andrew's sister in the attack on the pack house on a few days ago." Lily admitted, not looking the teachers. They probably knew already. "My creature came out and saved her. Croft found out, and when he confronted me about it, I asked him to keep my name out of it. I didn't want the attention."

Principal Lauren nodded, gesturing for her to continue. 

"He told his Alpha, and his Alpha gave the order to his pack to stick by me?" Lily scowled a little, gently tapping her scratched bracelet.

Mr Booth shuffled in his seat. "The order was to protect Lily Morgan as repayment for saving Alice, Henry."

Lily frowned at his wording, but continued anyway. "I was angry he had told everyone. When he was in the cafeteria, he didn't seem to care that I was angry. I tried to get up and walk away but he grabbed my wrist..."

Lily held up her right hand and waved it at the Principal, showing off the torn bracelet. "He scratched Delta's bracelet." 

Principal Lauren sat back in his chair. "Ah," he realised. "And you felt that resorted in a punch to his face?"

"It was probably over-exaggerated." Lily admitted, although her face showed no signs of regret. He tore my sister's bracelet. She couldn't explain the cavern of sorrow in her stomach at her precious bracelet being damaged.

Principal Lauren understood Lily's pain. He'd been there for all those sessions, all those times she'd been called up for skipping class and hiding the tears for her family.

Mr Booth snorted at the admission from Lily which only caused her to purse her lips. She'd said all she wanted, could she leave now? Hide in her room over the weekend and pray that everyone had forgotten her outburst by Monday?

"Did your creature surface when he grabbed your wrist?" Principal Lauren asked, placing his elbows on the table.

"Yes, only for a second though."

Mrs Khan and the Principal locked eyes. "Twice in one week?" Principal Lauren questioned.

"It's rare," Mrs Khan added. The witch was a science teacher, specialising in biology. "Especially from a lack of reveal. No other times has your creature surfaced?"

Lily shook her head. "Not that I can recall no, and nothing like what's happened already... What do you mean by rare?"

Mrs Khan smirked. "You don't pay attention in my class?"