Chapter Seven

Lily, now knowing why her scarred shoulder ached, rubbed the knot that made her stomach churn. The idea she still had a piece of Yuric with her was sickening and she had no idea how they were going to get it out.

She needed to see a doctor but it was hard to find one with supernatural ties - her aunt was a nurse and didn't perform surgeries. Not to mention the fact she'd heal faster than they could cut. How would it leave her shoulder? Or was she going to live in Tyrill all her life?

As Lily threw her thoughts aside she finally realised Jack had been talking. "-makes no sense." Jack scoffed. "I mean, how did my Mama end up with Niall's number anyway? Is she going to leave me alone on my holiday at any point? I can't believe this."

"She's a psychic isn't she?" Lily asked before Jack's rant got out of control.

"Yeah but she's not omnipotent or whatever the word is."

"Omniscient?"

"That one." Jack flicked her hair out of her narrowed eyes. "Mama's abilities go with instinct or energy, you know? She wouldn't know the number of someone she hasn't met before. Mama does the classic, stereotypical witch thing of knowing herbal remedies, weird teas. She knows the antidotes to everything."

Lily frowned, not knowing whether that was completely true or not. Freida Slater came across as someone who had many facades. She could never get a read on Jack's mother; Lily only knew she always felt watched whenever in her home.

"How did she become the supernova?" Lily asked as Jack helped her climb up the bank to the road.

"Well, after my grandmother died, no one really stood up to Mama." Jack breathed a sigh of relief when her feet hit the tarmac and saw her car was still intact. "She was Andromeda's daughter, you know? Everyone was just trying to survive the new vampires running around. Mama used her remedies to help heal the wounds they made - the supernaturals gave her the title of Supernova because she held all the cards."

As Lily scrambled up the rest of the bank with her good arm, the hairs on the back of her neck rose just before he began to speak. She saw him, in her peripheral vision, slowly land on the road behind her and Jack.

"She sounds like the witches in Ireland." Niall chipped in and Jack jumped out of her skin.

"Jeez!" She squeaked, hissing when her wrists jolted. Her magic flared up and reformed the bracing again, instantly soothing the pain. "I'm gonna hook a bell on you or something! Stop doing that!"

Niall laughed, violet eyes dancing. Lily noticed his feet still hovered slightly above the road even though his eyes were their normal shade. "You guys took a long time walking up here."

"Yeah? Well not all of us freaking fly." Jack grabbed her chest to calm her racing heart. "Couldn't you have, I don't know, flown us here? Have you been watching us walk the entire time?!"

"Maybe." Niall's lips tugged up before he looked over to Lily. He frowned seeing the blur of her arm, noticing the sling for the first time. He floated over, a hand outstretched to make sure he didn't fly straight into her. "Is your arm in a sling?"

Lily grabbed his hand before it reached her paralysed arm, stilling at Niall's soft fingers curling around her own. "Yeah." Lily swallowed. "I, uh, injured it last week."

"Oh yeah, you injured it." Jack muttered under her breath. "Was totally your fault, of course."

Niall frowned at Jack's comments, blind to the pleading look Lily sent Jack. "Oh I'm sorry," he took his hand back, "how long until it's out of the sling?"