Frequently Asked Questions [Q&A]

Hey everyone, 

I'm breaking up Typhoon and Tempest with a segment of FAQ's. I'll add to it as I go and hopefully answer any questions you have about myself or my other works, and especially about Typhoon and Tempest. 

~ TYPHOON ~

When do they get recess/what is Lily's timetable?

What is Lily's age?

Lily is eighteen, born on March 7th. She's a Pisces. I haven't given a year she was born in because it depends on when the reader is reading the book.

What is Lily's height and the height of Andrew and Ryan?

So I want to expand this a little because I have had comments like this for a while. I don't like labelling my characters with head-to-toe details. I find it takes away from the reader's imagination. In person it's easier to measure out what someone's height is, but not every reader will know what 5ft 9 is off the top of their head so I describe someone's height in another way.

Can they reach the top of the fridge? Is their head brushing doorways? Do they duck when they're getting on public transport? Can they look someone in the eye who's known for being taller than average? Does their back hunch slightly from looking down at those shorter than them?

For those that want specifics - Lily is around 1.75m tall, 5ft 9 ish. 

What is Lily? 

This was by far my most popular question and one that's been dotted throughout the comments over the span of the book. 

I loved reading all your guesses;  - Thanos - Dragon - Avatar - river - water elemental - siren  - ninja - Superwoman - Goddess - Typhoon - Poseidon - water nymph - water bearer - river nymph - Witch of the Sea (Greek mythology) - Morgan (Welsh siren) - sea nymph - human - water - tortoise - angel - Thor - Succubus - Demigod/Descendant of Gods 

You're all wrong...or are you? You'll find out in Tempest. 

Are there hybrids in this world? Is Lily a Supernova crossbreed?

No, you're only one thing.
Supernova is a title/rank of the most powerful supernatural creature in this world - before Lily it was held by Jacob, the Kenyan who could become invisible and could also hide memories; a Shade. Prior to him it was Freida (Jack's mother), Andromeda the Witch of the night (Jack's grandmother), and then Illya the werewolf (Yuric's ancestor).

Is Jack a girl or a boy?

Jack, or Jacinta Garcia-Slater, is a girl. Jack is a nickname. I can't tell you her middle name because she'd fill my bed with nettles and I value my sleep. 

What species is Ollie (Lily's aunt and guardian)? 

She's human. 

Does Lily have a phobia of cars after the accident?