Chapter 5

A week later
Grayfia delivered a message to Rias and waited for the angel to arrive in a currently empty Occult Research Club. When he did arrive, he knocked and on Grayfia's clear 'come in', he opened the door with a 'Excuse me'. When he saw Grayfia, he bowed a bit,"Miss Lucifuge. Is something the matter?" Grayfia bowed back,"Your request has been accepted. Lord Lucifer and Lord Beelzebub will be overseeing." He bowed,"I, sincerely thank you for this." Grayfia just nodded and told him the location. As Grayfia opened a magic circle he vanished in a flash of silver leaving behind a few golden feathers after putting on his armour with a fingersnap. When he reached he saw two men waiting for him, Sirzechs introduced himself,"Its a pleasure to meet you Rahab-dono. I'm Sirzechs Lucifer. This is Ajuka Beelzebub" Ajuka nodded. Rahab bowed a bit,"A pleasure. I guess it confirms it." Sirzechs asked,"Confirms what?" Rahab replied sadly,"That my Fallen Brother has perished. I was still somewhat unbelieving, Lucifer was crafty, I had some hope he'd have survived." Sirzechs nodded,"I see." Ajuka began,"Before we let you meet Lady Lilith, I have a question." When Rahab nodded, he asked,"Is there some reason you haven't stopped the Evil Pieces from functioning?" Rahab smiled slightly,"I have no intention of rendering them useless, they have become necessary for the devils to restore themselves. Though I'm a bit saddened by the fact that some people aren't given a choice if they want to be reincarnated or not." His eyes then darkened,"And the embedded subjugation spell is something I'd rather not talk about." Ajuka just stiffly nodded as Sirzechs sighed in relief then said,"We'll escort you to the Lucifuge Castle. Maids have been granted leave for today. Only her attendant is currently there." Rahab raised a eyebrow but nodded.

On reaching the castle in the a isolated part of the underworld by a magic circle that Ajuka created. Sirzechs motioned to the gate,"Please go ahead. We aren't allowed entry due to obvious reasons." Rahab nodded and sighed,"I see. Very well then, I'll tell the attendant to call you as soon as I'm done, I'm sure I've taken much of your time." The two Maous exchanged a glance then nodded, then opened up a magic circle and teleported away. Rahab sighed audibly then went and knocked on the door. The door was opened by a middle aged maid with brown hair wearing a maid costume, her figure while slim did seem a bit unsteady. She said in a strict yet soft voice,"You'll be the guest for today?" Rahab could only nod before the maid opened the door wide and said,"Please follow me." Rahab obliged and followed her to a elevator where the maid pressed the 10th floor button, while they were in the elevator Rahab hesitantly asked,"Is Lady Lilith in good health?" The maid didn't turn but said in a pained voice,"You shall see, Angel-dono." Rahab nodded. As they reached the floor, Rahab was led to a closed door, the maid knocked,"My Lady, your visitor for today has come." A small voice from inside said,"Show them in, Bell." The Maid, Bell, opened the door,"Pardon me, My Lady. A Angel has come to meet you." As Rahab entered, he saw the white hair that Lilith was known for and her expensive white embroidered gown, but before he could see her beauty, he saw the black shackles and the long chain that held her hands allowing her some movement; then he noticed her pale skin, even paler than he remembered, then the thin and unstable figure that she and the maid shared. He bowed on instinct and said,"An honour to see you again, My Lady." Lilith raised her eyebrow at the Angel in front of her, nobody ever had the respect that this Angel was giving. She said bluntly,"So what does that murderer's children want?" Rahab looked at her sadly, he had expected as much. As he kept his head down, she said,"Come to gloat about it, have you?" When he again held his tongue, she angrily said,"Bell, show him out, I've got no interest in speaking with..." She cut herself off with a volley of coughs, Rahab rushed forward and patted her back as he picked up the glass of water and helped Lilith drink it. As her coughs passed, she shoved Rahab back,"First you kill my husband then you come here to help me, have you no decency. Tch...Angels, all the same." Rahab kneeled with his head down not daring to look her in the eye. Lilith growled,"I ask you again, why are you here?" He meekly said,"I would like your advice, My Lady. I've been told by everyone that it is foolish of me. But for my sake I wanted to ask you." Lilith narrowed her eyes,"Who are you, Angel?" Rahab said with a lowered head,"You might not remember me as it was long ago, but I was named, Rahab, the angel of the deep and the abyss. Once the youngest on the Council of the Watchers, My Lady" As recognition went through her eyes she leaned forward and raised his face with her hand on his chin, she looked at his armour and saw the mark that she had made on it long ago during one of her outbursts, when the once young angel used to be the one who sneaked into her prison to feed her. She said with tears in her eyes,"You're alive. You're finally free after all these years. Foolish kid." Rahab smiled a bit,"I didn't expect you to remember me, My Lady." Lilith motioned him to stand as she had a coughing fit again, he helped her and asked the maid who was standing quietly,"When was the last time Lady Lilith eat?" The maid stiffened and said,"A couple of weeks ago." Rahab froze, then said panicking,"Please, bring something to eat." Lilith was about to say something but didn't. As the maid left, Rahab turned to her and asked still a bit panicked,"Why haven't you been eating?" Lilith looked down and shook her head, Rahab's voice cracked a bit in sadness,"You know I won't take that as a excuse. Why is it every time I meet you, you're not eating?" As Rahab rubbed his neck trying to think, Lilith asked,"Why do you always care about it?" Rahab just shrugged,"I don't know. But I could never see you in pain, same with Azazel, Lucifer and Gabriel." Lilith patted his head,"Stop worrying, I'll eat." As they sat Rahab's eyes again wandered to her shackles, he let his hands towards them,"I'll remove those." Lilith pulled her hands out of reach,"You'll do no such thing, these..." When he got up and used a diluted amount of holy energy to unlock them, Lilith stuttered,"Why? Why free me from the chains that your father put on me?" He shook his head,"I don't care. They were hurting you, I couldn't bear it." Lilith just nodded a bit still analysing the man in front of her. When the maid arrived with a trolley, Rahab nodded and thanked her. Lilith said,"You may leave to eat if you wish, Bell." Bell smiled and nodded. Lilith looked at Rahab after she left,"She has a tendency to stop eating if I stop." Rahab nodded sadly,"Could you send her to a doctor, and see one yourself." Lilith flatly answered,"I think about it but I'll be sure to send her." He opened the plate covers and picked up some soup with a spoon and blew on it to cool it down. Lilith giggled,"I'm not a kid you know." Rahab smiled holding the spoon in front of her face,"It doesn't matter. It's just the same as before." Lilith giggled and opened her mouth for Rahab to feed her.