Chapter 10

As they sat down, Michael turned on the conference. As the holographic screen lit up, Asmodeus's face appeared,"I see you're ready, Michael-dono." Michael nodded,"I am. We needed time for Rahab to awaken." Asmodeus looked around till he saw Rahab sitting on the left corner with Gabriel on his right. Asmodeus bowed,"A pleasure to see you in good health, Rahab-dono. We haven't met yet, I'm Falbium Asmodeus." Rahab slightly bowed,"A pleasure." Uriel who was the military commander of the angel's asked, helping Rahab who barely showed any signs of recognition,"I find it surprising that you're talking to us. Normal we're only contacted by Serafall Leviathan, your foreign advisor. Might we ask why you, the military commander, is calling us." Uriel would have chuckled if he wasn't in the frame, as he saw Rahab straighten up at the corner of his eye. Falbium took a few second but replied rather stiffly,"Serafall is slightly wrapped up with family business. And instead of coming midway, I thought of taking care of this on my own." Rahab asked slightly out of his way,"May I ask why? I find it surprising, Serafall's and Sirzechs's sister's were recalled to heaven just before everyone practically exploded." Falbium shook his head as if Rahab had got him and replied,"You would be correct in assuming, one of the two was responsible for this fiasco." Raphael looked unimpressed and said rather directly,"Who?" Falbium sighed loudly and faintly said,"I haven't slept enough for this." Then he replied,"Rias Gremory. She was released from interrogation just yesterday night." Michael took the lead seeing the slightly narrowed eyes of Raphael and the disapproving look of Uriel,"What were her reasons and actions?" Falbium sat down as the camera lowered,"Usage of the Subjugation spell twice. And indirectly being responsible for a death of a boy who she later resurrected. Her reasons, I'm bound by devil law to not disclose. But it wasn't anywhere near a war related, it was her own selfishness." As Gabriel looked sad, Rahab asked a bit irritated,"I would expect her punishment to be lenient. There's no need for a youngling to be served so harsh a punishment that she lets go.." Falbium stayed frozen then said chuckling,"That'll be the third time that you've saved her life, Rahab-dono." But then his voice deadened,"But I can't say for sure, Lady Lilith has taken up her mantle again, and I'm not the one who could stand in her way." Rahab eye's dropped as he nodded silently,"Very well." Falbium sighed,"Now for the end I'm required by Lady Lilith to deliver Rias's apology. I hope you can overlook her fragile condition as she had the meeting with the Grigori just before having this filmed." As the recording played, Rahab got up and whispered in Michael's ear,"I'll take Gabriel out, there's no need for both of us to hear it. It'll just sadden Gabriel more."  Michael gave a sad but approving smile and nodded. Rahab motioned Gabriel to follow him outside, which she did with some hesitation after seeing Rias's crying face. As they came outside and closed the door, Gabriel asked,"Why stop me from seeing?" Rahab looked away remembering how his father figuratively tortured Lilith,"It's not my place to answer, and maybe I would never answer it." Gabriel looked at the pain in his heart and almost dragged him to a marketplace type area in heaven to try to make him feel better. Rahab who was being unceremoniously pulled asked,"Where are you taking me?" Gabriel gave him a smile,"To a coffee place, I'll be opening." Rahab sighed as he smiled at her elder sister's childishness. When the reached the shop, Gabriel let go and looked at him expectantly. Rahab sighed but smiled at the small board that was put up and the glass panes that showed its inside,"It's cozy. I might just get a coffee to go, every time I visit Azazel if only to make him jealous." Gabriel gave him a disapproving look but smiled nonetheless. Rahab said as they decided to eat something at a nearby shop,"I should probably visit the Wat...Grigori before Azazel calls Michael himself." Gabriel gave a uncertain look,"Should you? After the incident?" Rahab patted her head,"Don't worry, I'll be alright. They are my friends." Gabriel just nodded with a little doubt.

As the afternoon came, Bell knocked on Lilith's study and said,"Lord Beelzebub and Miss. Sona have arrived, My Lady." Lilith who was looking out the window said,"Show Ajuka in, Bell." As they entered Ajuka kneeled without knowing where Lilith was standing, Bell looked at her and asked,"My Lady?" Lilith shut the window she was looking out of and walked back to her seat and motioned her to leave them alone. Lilith studied him, noticing his dress being slightly creesed and worn, she asked rather politely, remembering that he hadn't been present yesterday due to already working on removing the spell,"Haven't you got enough sleep?" Ajuka shook his head,"I focused on finishing my work first, My Lady. I hope my appearance doesn't anger you." Lilith poured him some tea and said,"Sit. A hard worker can be given such luxury." Ajuka took a glance at her stoic face but nodded nonetheless. As he sat and took a sip, Lilith asked,"What is the status on the evil pieces?" Ajuka placed a set of pieces in front of her,"These are the Master Pieces that the current ones in the King Tower will be replaced with. After that every devil in the system will be recalled to the Underworld to get his' or her's remotely modified. While the one's not in the system will be brought back either by force or by negotiations. And some of the cases will be reopened for investigation." Lilith nodded,"Very well. Ask Falbium for more manpower if you need." Ajuka just nodded. Lilith looked at his internal struggle and said,"What do you want to ask?" Ajuka straightened up a bit and asked with a lowered head,"What is to be done to Sirzechs?" Lilith stared a bit then replied,"He's far too attached to his sister. If he doesn't decide whether he should cut some ties, the Lucifuge can will annul the marriage and take custody of the child." Ajuka froze on hearing her declaration, then looked at her to see if she was bluffing however unlikely it was. But when the declaration sank in he just lowered his head and nodded and replied quietly,"I'll pass on the warning, My Lady." Lilith looked at him and asked,"How close are you two, to be wondering about his endpoint while your own is undecided?" Ajuka just sadly replied,"We are brothers in all but blood, my lady." Lilith nodded,"I'll leave you with the assignment of talking to the Higher ups of both the factions, telling them about the removal of the subjugation spell." Ajuka nodded,"Very well, my lady." Lilith nodded,"Very well, you may leave." Ajuka stood up and asked hesitantly,"My lady, with your permission might I look at the changes in Sona's evil pieces. A sudden power fluctuation has never happened, I find it unwise of her walking around with a piece that may affect her." Lilith nodded,"You may take a look before we need to be left alone." Ajuka bowed,"Thank you for your generosity, my lady."