Chapter 25

The next two weeks were tense as reports of the Stolen Excaliburs filtered through along with some casualties from the three branches of the church. It worried him a lot as Anastasia and Raziel's teams had found a match of the fallen angel energy to the record of Kokabiel. He had given the contact of Nico Malcolm to Ayato and he had been organising his team. The communication was at the lowest as Anastasia and him tried to divert their worry by participating in the schoolwork. He knew that Anastasia had been having much more problems than just working as Raziel's helper. He had been surprised to know that Issei Hyoudou had been a devil with his heritage sealed but Asia's new identity as Anastasia had conflicted much with Issei's behaviour that she had once ignored. As her ascendance to a purer being the taint that Asia could now sense Issei carried, gnawed at her mind much more than before. As they travelled to school Ayato had informed of his arrival soon and he had given their current address and hoped Irina being raised here could help them. Asia who had left early had her mind scrambling for information and worry as for the time she had returned here, her sense of the devils had been irritating her. She knew that it was to be expected like it had been with the party in the underworld. Issei had come to her personally and apologized and asked if they could remain friends. She had agreed that they could but she knew it wouldn't last long as her side as Anastasia had cautioned her many a times and with one look at his emotions, she had decided to stay away from him for the most part.

She had begun hanging out with Murayama and Katase who were happy to have another to join the Kendo club and readily agreed to teach her how to handle a Naginata when they saw her using her long yari type sparring stick. Asia was content as she and her two friends walked to the sports store in the city to buy a sparring Naginata that suited her. Her friends had no doubt that she could buy one competition quality one and one good model for normal use. As they walked out she spotted her Ayato with three others. Katase noticed her gaze and asked,"You know them, Asia?" Asia nodded,"I do. Father said they would be staying with us for a few days. See you both at school tomorrow, Katase-san, Murayama-san" As they two girls waved a goodbye, Asia waved goodbye and approached the four. Ayato was the one to recognize her,"Lady Anastasia." Asia smiled back,"Ayato-san. Lord Rahabel said you would be arriving soon." Ayato nodded with a strained smile,"Yes. Sadly the higher ups of the Church saw fit to issue us the remaining Excaliburs and in a few words said to bring back the Excaliburs or destroy them." Anastasia could see Nico had recognised her but had also noticed the Holy Aspect within her and bowed lightly with a smile. She sighed lightly,"Follow me, please. I was returning home as well." Irina asked in wonder,"Were you coming back from school? Do angel go to school?" Xenovia elbowed her making her cover her face as Ayato chuckled with Anastasia who replied as they walked through a empty street,"I do. This territory is officially rented by the Shinto Faction to the Sisters of the Maous Lucifer and Leviathan. Me and Lord Rahabel are resident angels for a few weeks now."

As they arrived to a row house, Asia opened the door and said,"Lord Rahabel will come in a few minutes. Ayato-san please feel free to use the kitchen. I need to see to a report for a few minutes." Ayato nodded and led them to the sitting room and said,"I'll get the drinks." Nico was watching the Exorcist Duo quietly as Xenovia muttered something to Irina making her tense. The personality and the kindness radiating of the angel, he had only witnessed in a girl he had been healed by a few years ago. Ayato's recognition and her voice confirmed the rest, the angel was definitely Asia Argento but was given a different name as she completed the trials that god had put on her. For that alone she had his respect. He decided with his eyes narrowed that if the naive zealot that the Catholic church had sent, tried to harm her, he would personally destroy the Catholic. Ayato who had been warned of the Iscariot operative who had joined them by Rahab watched him carefully, ready to intervene if things blew over. Anastasia returned with a tablet in hand wearing her angelic robes and nodded before sitting,"Lord Raziel confirmed my feelings that the decision of sending Excaliburs was a bad one. It was a decision made unkindly and in desperation." Nico and Ayato nodded already knowing that but the two girls stilled. Anastasia sighed lightly and nodded,"Also Lord Rahabel had been called by the Seraphim. The corruption in the previous Pope was evident to him, he'll be assisting Lord Metatron on finding out who was the one who helped the fallen angel Kokabiel in the attack from inside the church." Ayato nodded with a serious expression,"May we use this place for rest and resupply." Anastasia nodded and said,"You can stay here. And also meet the the devils tomorrow." Ayato nodded with a deep sigh and nodded to Nico,"We'll take a room. The girls can take another. I would guess the house as three rooms." Anastasia smiled lightly,"Four. There are three rooms upstairs with one being mine." Ayato sighed lightly with a grateful nod as Anastasia nodded and began walking to the stairs.