Chapter 22

As they entered, the guards of the building kneeled in front of Lilith, who nodded, though the guard's uneasiness was immediately noted by Azazel and Rahab. Rahab gave a slight nod to Anastasia who discretely materialised her spear as they turned in the hallway. Lilith raised a eyebrow but spoke nothing of it. As they reached a collosal door, Azazel whistled as Rahab nodded at his thoughts. The guards opened the door for them and they walked sightly behind Lilith and Bell who had joined them. At seeing some of the younger devils trembling, Azazel commented so only they could here,"Your presence still carries the sense of dread for the Devils. Increased now due to your promotion." Rahab gave a snort but didn't reply as he kept a hand around Anastasia. As they reached the pavilion, Lilith nodded to both Serafall and Ajuka who were calmly observing.

From right to left they sat; Ajuka, Serafall, a empty seat for Sirzechs, Vali, Lilith, Rahab, Anastasia and Azazel; With a few seats empty behind them. Ajuka looked at Vali with a narrowed gaze,"The Heir of Lucifer." Serafall looked at him in shock then at Vali as he bristled in his seat,"You must be Ajuka Beelzebub, Azazel speaks highly of you." Ajuka relaxed somewhat as Serafall looked unsurely between them. Ajuka nodded at him,"We need to have a talk." Vali looked at Azazel who nodded, and then nodded back at Ajuka,"A few days later, if you would like." Ajuka relaxed and nodded,"Very well, Vali Lucifer." Serafall looked at him for a few more seconds then nodded at Rahab in greeting and began a whispered talk between Ajuka and herself. As he looked at the exchange, a breath down his neck stiffened Rahab, who said pensively sensing who it was,"Must you sneak up behind us, Tiamat." The lady, he and Raphael had met rested her chin on his shoulder as she sat behind him and said,"Tannin will arrive in a few minutes." Rahab slumped and, gave a sigh and a nod then stiffened again as Tiamat sniffed at Anastasia. Anastasia looked at Rahab in worry who gave a slight nod to remain calm. Tiamat whispered to both of them,"She has a affinity for dragons, be careful." She considered herself then said to Rahab's ear,"I have a Sprite Dragon that needs care. He will not go near impure souls and requires a female to bind him. Can she do it?" Rahab looked at Anastasia for a few seconds then said,"I'll need to confirm." Tiamat gave a small nod with a smile and sat on her seat behind them.

Azazel looked at the various worried glances that he and Rahab were getting then let out his senses to encompass the entire room, being a fallen angel and being experienced he could do it with only a minor headache after he stopped. He had three motives for today. First for Vali to have a few bonds; he realised it would not happen instantly but the buds were there, he would culture and tend to them to make them grow. Second, on behalf of Rahab was to make a assessment of the 'Six' as the upcoming generation of Rookies was called; Rahab and him were to work in tandem to create rough profiles from what they saw of those that attended; he had been told by Rahab of the reason that had pushed for this and he agreed wholeheartedly, considering Asia wasn't the first who was lured in this fashion. Third, on behalf of Lilith was to mark out the elements that could be responsible for the Nekoshou Genocide and Abductions; he rarely got angry but that 'book' had nearly pushed him to the limit before he had been stopped by Lilith. Rahab and him were already on edge about the traitors in Heaven that they eliminated, he in particular had been more active in the last few weeks than in years. This proper issue had lead to them both almost blowing someone's head off. Azazel leaned towards Anastasia and said in a whisper,"Tell Rahab to look at the noble in white and gold and try to sense him. Don't try yourself." Anastasia gave a silent nod, being told of the operation by Gabriel. She conveyed her words to Rahab who gave a kind nod then stiffened not a second later and spoke calmly with a undertone of anger,"Lady Lilith, your hand if I may?"

Lilith looked at him inquisitively then noticing the storm in his eyes lent her hand to Rahab who took it by the fingers and let her hear the thoughts he was picking up. As the voices of the room stilled she started to hear the thoughts of the man that both Azazel and Rahab were watching,'–really have to come here? I could be doing well in bed breaking the nun that I acquired. Pity dear little Asia was saved I'd have liked to break her after resurrecting her. Why are they looking here anyway. Pity, that little angel could have done well, I'd have so much fun making her fall then–' The thoughts were cut off as Rahab closed his senses and let Lilith hand free. He breathed deeply trying to centre himself as Lilith's eye's turned cruel noticing the lecherous grin on the noble's face. She turned to Ajuka knowing who he was and said in a tone promising pain,"Ajuka, we need to have a talk about a execution I'll be giving the order for. Your little brother." Ajuka looked as if he was shot and said with a undertone of anger,"That 'thing' is no brother of mine, my lady. I would have killed it myself if kin-slaying wasn't looked down upon." Lilith stayed her look then nodded and looked to Rahab to was holding Anastasia close as Azazel patted her head with a vindictive shine in his eyes and only a single thought was in her mind, that she couldn't tell the origin of,'Not my granddaughter, not my legacy. I will not let this bastard harm them.'