Chapter 18

Rahab and Anastasia were waiting patiently in the Heart's Building in the First Heaven. They had moved in due to Gabriel's insistence that her deck of Brave Saints were quite less and were not normally there due to their missions. Anastasia had just returned from Zebel where Michael and Uriel had started her training in a time-dilation chamber, with a ratio of 1 hour out is 24 hours in. She was doing quite well if Michael was to be believed but Uriel had seen more potential than his observation so he was pushing her harder. Rahab had restarted his own training outside the Abyss and in a secluded training area that was quarantined due to his stable yet volatile power. Currently he was trying to draw something while Asia was reading a old book written in Enochian; which was a language she was able to understand after a while due to her induction ritual with the spear. She was slowing getting the knowledge she should have as a archangel, directly from the Heaven's System. As a knock was heard, they both looked up to see Griselda Quarta entering,"Lord Rahab, Alisha is here." Rahab nodded and got up as Asia put the book on the table and picked up the spear that was leaning at the side. Asia followed Rahab outside as Griselda went away after saying,'good luck and safe journey' to them. They saw the fidgeting angel as she stood uneasily at the entrance, who as soon as she saw them came and bowed,"Lord Rahab, Lady Anastasia." Rahab sighed,"I told you, just Rahab is fine." Anastasia gave a small smile,"Anastasia or Asia will do for me." Alisa nodded,"Sir, will we be going directly?" Rahab looked at her for a second then said,"We'll go to Kyoto and then enter the inner area. Some sightseeing if you will." Alisha nodded hesitantly while Anastasia nodded.

As they teleported to a building rooftop, Anastasia stumbled a bit. Rahab chuckled,"Still not used to this I see." Anastasia smiled a bit,"I'm getting better." Rahab nodded with a kind smile,"True. Lets fly the rest of the way to the entrance. Alisha no detours." Alisha who was looking down the rooftop looked back and nodded. Rahab released one set of his wings marked with the silver infinity sign and said,"Follow me, Raphael gave me a rough idea. Anastasia we'll be clearing a stray devil too. Alisha you can watch." Alisha and Anastasia nodded. They took flight and proceeded in the direction of a abandoned factory in the slightly rural part of the city. As they approached, Alisha started tensing,"Sir, is that...?" Rahab nodded seriously,"A Stray devil eating humans. The scent you sense is demonic energy mixed with blood." Anastasia summoned her spear and twirled it in her hand as she prayed; while Alisha made a crude light sword for safety as she saw the Abyssal energy, she had heard from other of, make a sheen on Rahab's being. As they landed in front of the large loading area opening, Rahab said loudly,"Stray devil, Ruger. For the attacks against humans, we are here to eradicate you from existence." As he finished they heard a small yet unsettling clicking noise coming from the darkness ahead,"Ah ah ah, such...holy energy. To think the....angels will...come visit me...So what's it...going to be...lunch or...fight?" As the dark and grotesque tone came Alisha physically backed up only to be patted by Rahab on her head with a sad smile,"Don't worry, we'll be safe." Alisha nodded hesitantly as the devil chuckled,"Don't be...so sure about that...little angel." As the devil moved forward from the shadows to reveal its centipede like body with dozens of human like limbs and a hairy centipede head, Alisha's held a hand over her mouth to stop herself from losing her food. Anastasia visibly tensed then narrowed her eyes a bit and said lowly,"So this is what becomes of 'humans' that become hungry of sins from becoming devils." Alisha backtracked at her statement,"This was a...human?" The creature chuckled,"Ku ku ku. Is the angel...angry? Worried?" Anastasia twirled her spear and flew forward to stab the beast only to be blocked by a barrier like shield, the creature chuckled,"How do you like it...my sacred gear. Mirror Shield.." Anastasia jumped back as a holy spear came from within the barrier back at her. Rahab raised his hand covering Anastasia in a Abyssal Armour that deflected the spear,"Hmm...There was no holy element, just a mirror spear. Asia check the area, if it has a scorch mark." Anastasia nodded seeing the same,"Seems it deflects weapons, Sir may I try something?"