Chapter Twenty Seven - Temptation

"So, how are things going on with you and Embry?" Rose asked and Alison smiled.

"It's going good, I couldn't be happier" Alison said with a smile. Rose smiled a little bit looking at her. She still didn't like the fact that she and a wolf were together but there was nothing she could do about the situation. All she could do was be there for Alison which was more than what her other family was doing. "Have you heard from the others yet?" Alison asked. It was obvious that they all were missing the rest of the family. Sure things were a little rocky between most of them but that doesn't mean that they love them any less.

"I've talked to Alice. She said Jasper is getting a lot better. He's getting his thirst under control and that being away from Bella has helped a lot" She said and Alison nodded. "Edward separated from the family, I don't know where he is" She said and Alison sighed as she thought about her brother. She really wished they had separated on better terms, the fight was stupid and she knew it could have gone better. If it did go differently then maybe they would at least have said goodbye before going different ways.

"They went to the Denali's right?" She asked and Rose nodded. "I miss the Denali's, they're always so much fun" Alison said with a wide smile.

"We could go visit them if you want" Rose said. "We'll come back but I think just going to go see them would be nice" Rose said honestly.

"I can't leave, Rose. I want to go see them but with Embry and Victoria and Bella, it's just not a good time" She said and Rose sighed forcing herself to keep her mouth shut. She didn't want to argue with Alison over this again. She didn't like arguing with Alison, it always made her feel bad.

"Hello, ladies" Emmett said walking into the room sitting besides Rose. She smiled leaning against him.

"How was hunting?" Alison asked.

"Bear didn't have a chance" Emmett said grinning. Alison smiled.

"I'm going to go" Alison said standing up. Now that Emmett was back Alison didn't feel bad for leaving Rose. She didn't want to leave Rose alone but she was just itching to get to Embry.

"Alison, be careful" Rose said and Alison nodded. "I know you want to keep everyone safe but Victoria is very dangerous, I don't want you trying to take her on."

"I'll be fine Rose, besides, I'll be with the wolves. They like me, I'll be safe" She said and Rose couldn't help but to roll her eyes.

"It's fine babe" Emmett said. "She's a big girl" He said smirking at Alison who grinned back.

"I'll see you two tonight" She said before leaving the house. After leaving the house she made a bee line to Emily's house. "Knock knock" She said walking inside. Emily looked up from the table and smiled.

"Hey, Alison, the boys are all out in the woods right now" She informed her.

"Ok, you don't mind me sticking around do you?" Alison asked and Emily smiled.

"No, I don't mind at all" She said and Alison grinned.

"Can I help you with cleaning?" Alison asked and Emily grinned.

"I would love if you could help, that way I can work on dinner" She said and Alison nodded as she began to speed through cleaning. Emily watched for a moment mesmerized by how fast she was getting things done. "I should have you clean more often" Emily teased but was serious at the same time.

"I'm happy to help" Alison said honestly. Emily nodded as she began to cut some vegetables. She always tries to get the boys to eat healthy, though it doesn't always work. Alison works on organizing everything as she lets her mind wonder. She thinks about Embry, he's been so tired lately and she just wants to help him relax and get some sleep. Though he never wants to sleep when he's around her but she wishes he would. She doesn't mind being with him while he sleeps, she would prefer him getting some before he wears himself too thin.

"Damn" Emily hissed cradling her hand to her chest. The scent hit Alison suddenly. The last time she smelt it was with Bella. Her eyes went pitch black, it has been a couple of weeks since she has hunted. Her head snapped towards Emily as Emily froze remembering who she was in the room with. Her heart pounded as she got nervous before slowly turning to look at Alison. She looked completely different. Her face was emotionless, her eyes pitch black. She didn't look like the awkward and friendly Alison that made everyone smile. Alison's eyes were glued right at Emily's hand. She was fighting with herself, Emily could tell as her face scrunched up as if she were in pain.

Her mind and instincts were trying to force Alison to go to Emily while her heart was freezing her feet. She cared for Emily, they were starting to become good friends. If she attacked her it would ruin everything she had built with Embry and the pack. But Alison's natural instincts were taking over, Alison was slowly losing the battle.

"Alison" Emily said her voice showing how scared she was as Alison took a few quick steps towards Emily. However, hearing her voice made Alison freeze. Hearing her voice snapped her out of it and Alison looked into her eyes. She could see how terrified Emily was and her unbeating heart just dropped.

"Oh my God" She whispered her voice shaking. She knew if she could cry she would. "I'm... I'm so sorry" She whispered her voice cracking. Before Emily could do anything Alison was out of the house racing as far away as she could. She couldn't believe she had almost done that. Emily's terrified eyes burned in Alison memory as she remembered the same look on Bella's but this time it was worse. With Bella, it was as if she expected it and it was as if she felt bad for bleeding but with Emily it was just pure fear.

As she raced through the woods she suddenly stopped as something else caught her attention. A red head racing through the woods with a pack of wolves right behind her. Snarling with rage burning through her veins, Alison dashed to the side joining the pursuit. She was right behind the wolf pack as they neared the cliffs. She watched as Victoria jumped off and into the water. Jake, in wolf form, stopped looking at the water in anger knowing he couldn't follow her.

However, Alison could. Alison surpassed the wolves, scaring them as they didn't expect her to be there, and jumped over Jake and into the water. Embry raced towards the edge looking in the water as Alison submerged. His eyes widened as his brain processed what had just happened.

"Don't even think about it" Sam said coming up besides him.

"We can't just not do anything" Embry said as he began to worry. Alison had just gone after Victoria alone, all he could think about was what Alison had told him. He remembered how she told him the last vampire she had gone up against alone she almost died.

"There's nothing you can do" Sam told him. "We'll just have to try and find them"

"What if we're too late?" Embry asked looking at Sam who didn't have an answer.

"Is that Bella?"Jared asked looking over at the cliffs. Jake's head snapped to the side. "She won't be able to swim in these waters" Jake dashed away knowing Jared was right.

"Come on, lets go check on Harry" Sam said running the other way. Embry looked out at the water again his head lowering as he prayed that Alison would be alright.