Chapter Forty - Explanation

"It was a newborn" Alison told the rest of the family. "I'm positive. He was too strong and untamed to not be" She said.

"He came from Seattle?" Esme asked confused.

"A newborn wouldn't have made it all the way here from Seattle and not kill anybody on the way," Jasper said shaking his head.

"Not unless he was sent by someone," Alison said making Jasper look at her. "What if that was his job?" She asked.

"Who would send a newborn vampire to attack Embry's mother?" Esme asked.

"Victoria," Alison said.

"I would have seen her deciding that," Alison said.

"You're visions aren't always on point when there are wolves involved" Alison pointed out. "This has to be Victoria, she's the only one who would attack Tiffany," She said.

"We'll look into it more, I don't want to jump to any conclusions," Carlisle said taking in what Alison was saying. Knowing she wasn't going to get anywhere with them, she just nodded her head, keeping quiet.

"Hey," Embry said softly standing up as his mother's eyes fluttered open. He sat beside her as she came in and out of consciousness.

"Embry" She muttered softly. He reached over grabbing her hand holding it in his softly.

"I'm right here," He said softly. She fell back into a sleep her hand relaxing in his. He sighed as he continued to look at her as she slept. He was relieved that she had finally woken up which meant she was healing. The worst was over. It took another day for her to wake up and be able to keep consciousness.

"What happened?" She asked trying to figure out why she was here.

"What do you remember?" He asked first. She tried to think but everything she could remember was impossible and didn't make sense. She remembered seeing a very large dog, she remembered being thrown clear across the room by some strange man and then she remembered Alison before it all just goes black.

"Nothing that makes sense," She said and Embry sighed figuring that she remembered certain things that he was going to have to explain. "I remember being attacked by this very strong man and him biting my neck," She said confused. She slowly lifted her hand to her neck wincing when she touched it. "But that... it.." She tried to form a sentence before looking at Embry who was looking at his hands. "Embry, what is going on?" She asked and he sighed thankful that they were the only ones in the private room.

"Mom, I'm not what you think I am," He said only confusing her more. "I'm not on drugs and I'm not in some gang," He said and her heart stopped. Was he finally going to tell her the truth? "Me, Jake, Quil, the others, we're not normal," He said looking up at her. She could see how hard this was for him, how nervous he looked. "I don't know if you're familiar with the Quileute legends or not but there are some legends that talk about shapeshifters and cold ones"

"Embry, you're not making any sense," Tiffany said not understanding how any of this is relevant or was connected.

"It will," He said rubbing his hands together. "In the legends, there are certain people who had a certain gene, this gene allows them to shift into a giant wolf. The gene is passed down through every generation and when the cold ones are around it triggers our genes and causes us to shift into these wolves" He said slowly wanting her to understand everything he was saying.

"Embry-" She tried to say but he cut her off.

"I'm getting there," He said gently causing her to shut her mouth. "The cold ones are... vampires," He said not knowing how she was going to take this. "The Cullens are vampires while me, Jake, Quill and all of the others in Sam's cult are actually werewolves in a pack. You were attacked by a vampire, Alison saved you. The vampire bit you but Alison got the venom out and Jake got you back here with Paul" He said and she gave him a blank look.

"Embry, you have to know how ridiculous that sounds," She said and he put his head in his hands and rubbed his face.

"It's the truth, I promise," He said looking up at her. "I'm a werewolf and Alison is my mate, my imprint. We were meant to be together. The rest of the Cullen's are vampires and the other guys are wolves" He said. "It's why I've been sneaking out and why I'm always tired. We've been protecting La Push from vampires. Those killings about a year ago, that was from vampires. When the Cullen's came back we started to shift into our wolves." He said.

"Embry, I have had it with your excuses and now you're talking about these fantasies?" She asked looking at him.

"Mom, they're not excuses-"

"No, I'm done hearing it," she said. "This is what's going to happen. You're going to stay away from Sam, you're going to stop seeing Alison or I'm going to move us somewhere where you can have a normal life" Embry gave her a dangerously angry look.

"Don't say you're going to take Alison away from me again" He growled. He was done losing Alison. She keeps slipping from his fingers but she always comes back to him, no matter what. He was not going to leave her and he knew he would choose Alison above anybody in his life, no matter how much he loved the other person.

"Embry she's not good for you, she has you sneaking around and hanging around these toxic people," She said and Embry breathed heavily glaring at his mother. "I know you're in love with her but you'll find someone else, there're plenty of people to love," She said as Alison walked in.

Alison entered the room and automatically sensed the tense atmosphere. She noticed Tiffany was awake and then looked at Embry. Her eyes widened seeing how close he was to shifting in the middle of the room. He was way to close to his mother, he'd hurt or even kill her if he shifted right now. She didn't know what was setting him off, he usually always had his temper under control but it didn't matter right now. Alison ran, in human speed, to him standing him up.

"Alison you need to leave, I don't want you around him," Tiffany said sternly.

"Don't talk to her like that!" Embry snapped getting more and more upset.

"Hey, hey," Alison said softly forcing him to look at her. "You need to calm down," She said softly. She slowly rubbed his chest trying to get him to calm down.

"She wants to take me away from you," He said. She lifted both of her hands up to his face, caressing it.

"That won't happen," She said looking him in the eyes. "I'm not leaving you, you're not leaving me. Everything is going to be alright" She said pulling his head to hers. "I love you, I'm not going anywhere" She whispered before kissing him softly. He slowly began to calm down before melting into her arms.

"She won't believe me" Embry whispered to her.

"About what?" Alison asked him.

"About everything," He said simply. "Our world" He clarified.

"Oh, really?" She asked pulling away looking at Tiffany. "So you don't believe in vampires and werewolves?" She asked and Tiffany looked at Alison unamused. "You don't believe someone could turn invisible in a blink of an eye then?" She asked.

"Listen-" Tiffany began but froze once Alison turned invisible. Embry smirked sitting back down letting his girlfriend prove to his mother that he wasn't lying. Alison then turned back to normal before speeding to the other side of the bed.

"I bet that was a world record," Alison said looking at Embry.

"Faster than me," He said. Tiffany looked from Alison to Embry. "I was telling you the truth"