Chapter Forty One - Graduation

"Nervous?" Embry asked looking at Alison as she got ready for graduation. It would be the first time she ever graduated from high school, something she is very proud of.

"A little" Alison said nodding.

"Don't be" Embry said shaking his head. "You look beautiful," He said and she smiled putting her arms around his neck.

"Are you coming to the party afterward?" She asked.

"Of course," He said. "Jake's coming too, Quil's gonna be a tag-along" He joked smiling.

"I bet Bella will love that," She said. Alison had heard the new drama between Edward, Jake, and Bella. How Bella sprained her hand punching Jake after he kissed her, it was all very entertaining.

"He feels bad," Embry said.

"Yea, probably for the sprained hand, not the kiss" Embry smirked at how clever his imprint was.

"Come on people or we're going to be late," Alice said running around the whole house.

"I guess we better get going" Alison muttered but neither one of them moved.

"Save me a dance tonight" He whispered to her.

"Of course," She said. He couldn't come to the actual graduation, he was going to be with his mother explaining everything in more detail and what not. Embry kissed her forehead. "I'll see you tonight," She said and he nodded before kissing her on the lips. She kissed back pulling him closer.

"Ok, you two, come on, we've got to get going," Alice said coming into the room. Alison smiled pulling away.

"I love you," She said and he pulled her into a tight hug.

"I love you, more" He whispered before they separated.

"Come on," Alice said grabbing her wrist pulling her off to the side. Alison smiled excitedly before giving Embry one last grin before disappearing.

"When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up." Jessica, Bella's friend, said as she gave a speech in front of the school. This wasn't the first graduation for the rest of the family but it was for her, it held importance for her. It was something she didn't get to accomplish during her human life. When they called her name she smiled brightly before accepting her diploma. Alison remembered the long nights with Jasper on history and Edward in basically every other subject.

"I did it!" Alison said excitedly hugging Esme first.

"I'm so proud of you," Esme said hugging her tightly. Alison then hugged Carlisle who kissed the top of her head lovingly.

"Come on! We've got a party to go to" Alice said grinning. It was all smiles and excitement on the way home and the time leading up to the party. It didn't take long for the house to begin filling up. Alison constantly searched for Embry hoping he would come here soon, she was starting to get uncomfortable being around so many humans.

"What are you doing here?" Bella asked and Alison looked over seeing her talking to Jake. She saw Quil and then Embry. They saw each other at the same time. She smiled racing over to him jumping into his arms. He held her and spun them around.

"I'm so proud of you," He said in her ear.

"How many 58-year-olds graduate college for the first time?" She asked smiling giving him a shrug.

"You look great for your age," He said and she smiled. "I got you a little graduation gift," He said reaching into his pocket.

"Embry, I've put you through hell ever since I met you. You don't need to get me anything, just being with you is more than enough" She said and he smiled.