Chapter Twenty Nine - Back

The rest of the family moved back in. Edward came to his senses after thinking Bella was dead only to find out he was wrong. It was a close call but now everyone was back together but now the Volturi knew of Bella. Her future was now secure, she had to be a vampire or all hell would break loose. Alison was even more distant. All of the progress the Cullens had made with her was ruined because of what had happened. They only people she'd even stay around for more than 10 minutes was Rose and Emmett.

Embry hasn't come onto their side of the territory since they came back, he didn't know if he was still allowed. Alison refused to go back to Emily's house, she wouldn't tell Embry why. She thought Embry already knew but he didn't which meant Emily didn't tell, it confused Alison. Why didn't Emily tell Sam what had happened? She was scared to find out. She would still visit Embry but only if she knew he was alone.

"Hey" Alison looked over seeing Edward standing in the doorway. She didn't smile or anything. "Can I come in?" He asked and she nodded after a moment. "Rose told me" He said. "What you did for Bella while I was gone.. I wanted to thank you" He said and she just nodded. "And I'm sorry for how I left things" He said and she looked down.

"Well... you weren't completely wrong" She whispered. "I don't have complete control" She said thinking about how she almost killed Emily.

"But you didn't" Edward said reading her thoughts. "You stopped yourself"

"If she didn't speak up she would be dead right now" Alison whispered looking at Edward. "I just.. I want to be alone" She said pulling her knees to her chest. Edward sighed slowly nodding before leaving. He could see how much the family suddenly coming back was affecting her. He had read her thoughts, he knew what she had gone through while they were gone. He jogged down the steps before walking right out of the house. The others didn't pay any attention just thinking he was going to Bella's house but he headed towards the treaty line.

Jared met him there growling. Alison was allowed to cross but none of the other Cullen's had permission. Jared didn't know why he was there but he didn't like it. However, Edward made no attempt to cross the line.

"I want to talk to Embry" He said confusing Jared. Why would he want to speak to Embry? "It's important" He said and within minutes Embry showed up.

"What's going on?" He asked looking at Edward defensively. "Is Alison alright?" He asked quickly.

"She'd be doing better with you by her" He said and he looked at him confused not understanding. "She's not adjusting well with us being back. She could really use you right now" He said and Embry nodded knowing he was done with patrol.

"Am I allowed to cross?" He asked not wanting this to be a trick.

"Yes" Edward told him honestly. "You're always allowed on our territory only if you're with or going to Alison" He clarified. Embry nodded knowing that's the only reason he'd ever want to be on their territory. Jared tried to stop him but all Embry could think about was Alison, Edward wasn't really clear on how she was. He was concerned for her. He crossed and followed Edward to the house. When they walked in all eyes were on him. He glanced at Edward wondering if he actually had permission to be here but then he heard her and his worries washed away.

"Embry" She said from top of the steps. His head snapped to her and he looked at her as if she were the only person on Earth. He could see what Edward was talking about but as she realized that he was really here, she was already getting better.

"Hey" He said with a smile walking up the steps. Once he reached her she hugged him tightly.

"I'm so happy you're here" Alison whispered. Embry just kissed the top of her head still uncomfortable with everyone's eyes on them. "Come on" She muttered leading him to her room. In the past it was Alison always going to Embry, never has Embry been int he Cullen's house.

He looked around the room. There was music everywhere. There was even homework laying on the side. There was a couch and a couple of chairs. There wasn't a bed but he figured it was because she never slept. It was pretty messy, clothes were everywhere reminding him of his own room. However, it was obvious where the clean pile was and where the dirty one was.

"Not that I don't love the fact that you're here... but why?" She asked curiously.

"Edward came to get me" He said and she looked at him even more curious. "He said you could use some company right now" He said and she smiled pulling him to the couch.

"I could always use your company" She said smiling. He grinned putting his head in her lap. "Get some sleep, I can feel how tired you are" She whispered.

"But I just go there" He said with his eyes closed. She smiled playing with his steadily growing hair. It didn't take long for him to fall asleep. He loved falling asleep around her. He actually got a good nights rest with her being with him. Esme stood outside of her room not saying anything. She just smiled at them. She was happy that Alison found happiness. It didn't bother her that he was a werewolf, as long as he made her happy she was happy.