Lovers and Warfare

enough is enough
- her.
i gave you my love when you were rough.
i stitched up your bruises, being one of your muses.
자기야, i may be a stranger to heartbreaks.
but you can't eat me out and 나를 버려라.
- him.

"what about us?" he whispered, teary eyed to the wind. his muffled sobs were distant, covered by the patter of rain. "we found each other tonight, doesn't that mean something?"

silence was his answer, chilling and unforgiving. her back was the only thing he could see, blinding him from the light.

her last love letters still laid in his hands. they were torn and ripped, wet from the rain. he had finally reached her, something she tried to do - but it was too late.

the right people with the right kind of love, yet they didn't have the time. the clock was ticking and it wasn't in his favor.

"mean something? it meant everything." her voice was void, nothing like the girl who gave him countless love letters just to give him her heart.

"but what about the time you said you had the answers? what about all the broken happy ever afters? what about all the plans that ended in disasters?"

the rain poured on them, tears mixing in from above. broken hearts on their sleeves, and tired lives with their fears.

"i'm sorry, but now love is nothing more than a waste of my time."

note : if you guys enjoy these poems, please encourage the writer by voting!