Part 9

Katara's POV

Zuko grabbed onto my ass, which was ironic, as I'd just called him an ass. He pulled me forward into a kiss. 

"Zuko," I whispered tauntingly against the pressure of his mouth, not wanting to give him the pleasure of me saying that any louder. 

He seemed pissed at this fact, and reached down to the nozzle to turn off the water. 

"I'm too damn wet." He scowled. 

"Oh, no, keep it on." I whispered. "It drains out whatever noise we make. Everyone's still asleep." 

"You're going to make noise, then?" Zuko asked with a smirk. 

He had me there. 

I gave him a scowl before shaking my head vigorously, like a child. He responded with a grin, beginning to pull off my wraps. He did so much more skillfully than I had before.

"Damn, how many girls' shirts have you pulled off before?" I asked, half sarcastically, and half because I was curious. 

"A few." Zuko replied calmly. "Remember Mei Rin?" 

I shuddered at that comment, making his smile spread across his cheeks ever farther, and a small laugh to escape his lips. 

"I'm only kidding." He said. 

"Really?" 

My eyes were so full of hope at the thought that I might be his first.

"Well, sorta. Yeah, me and her have done it." 

I looked at the ground. 

"Do you. . . do you love her?" I asked sadly. 

"No, of course not!" He replied quickly. 

"But. . . you did?"

"And you loved Jet." Zuko smirked. 

He was never going to let that go. 

"So let's just forget about our past and be here right now. That's all I want. Just to be here with you." 

"Sounds good." I laughed. 

He pulled me into a hug, giving me a kiss on the cheek. He held me there for a while, our bare chests pressed against one another. 

"I love you, Katara." He whispered. 

"Do I have to say the 'l' word again?" I groaned. 

He pulled me away to give me a sad, hopeless look and I gave in. 

"I love you too, you idiot." 

Zuko's POV

The day was mainly uneventful. They found Jet and we told Aang what happened. Well, that he attacked Katara. We just didn't specify in what way. He kicked Jet out without any debate on the matter. We also mapped out our route to the fire nation, and went shopping at a nearby market. Aang will have to have his avatar battle with my dad soon, so I'll have to become the fire lord. I grinned. 

That'll make Katara my queen. 

I was laying in my bed, gazing up at the ceiling, which was painted green. We were still at that shitty old guy's house, having nowhere else to go. Him and I made peace, but I did it mainly for Katara. If not for her, I'd have beat the crap outta him. I rolled over, trying to get some sleep. 

Thump. 

I jolted up, looking around.

What was that? I wondered. Is it Katara? I really need some sleep tonight. . . 

I stumbled over to the door, unable to see in the darkness. Opening it, my eyes darted around outside. No one was there. 

Weird. I thought, shutting my door. Well, it was probably nothing. 

I should've known that it's never nothing.

I went back over to my bed, flopping back onto it with a sigh. Damn, was I tired. I closed my eyes, taking in the silence of the house. 

Thump. 

Fuck, I know I'm not hearing things. I thought, sitting up cautiously. Something's out there. 

I sat there in the darkness, feeling more uneasy as each minute passed by. I didn't want to lay back down. I'd be more vulnerable then. Fuck, I'm still vulnerable now. Finally, I'd had enough. I decided to call for the others. As wimpy as that sounds, it was the smartest thing I could do. 

"Aan-" 

I felt something brush by my head. I knew I wasn't imagining it. 

"Aang!" My voice was louder this time, more certain. 

I heard the wind rustle by. 

I was sure I'd closed that window. . . 

I heard the sound of movement outside my door. It was most likely the others.

I have nothing to worry about. I thought, trying to reassure myself. The others will be here in a few moments. Katara will be here. Everything will be- 

And suddenly, I felt pain, and darkness clouded my mind in a way that felt as though the light would never come back. 

A/N: Cliff hangerssssssss(I'm so sorry, my friends)! I'll be posting the day after tomorrow. Maybeeeee tomorrow. No promises. Please keep reading and COMMENT, it means so much to me :)