Chapter 15: That Short Encounter

Chapter 15

That Short Encounter 

Siva woke up and found himself on the same place where he last remembered he was. In the place where he lost his consciousness during the fight.

Three pairs of eyes were looking at him with worry, one was wearing a smile, surrounding him awkwardly.

“Yo monster.” Fuma greeted him briskly. “You‘re asleep for 2 hours. The system detected that you are really sleeping so it didn‘t log you out.”

“Are you alright?” Thorn asked the question.

Siva looked around and saw that the monsters he had wanted to gather have been gathered in one place and he looked at them with expression of apology.

“I lost it. I‘m sorry for troubling you.”

At that reaction, Thorn, who had his impression at him exchanged glances with Loni, and Henna, who was closest to him, gave him a drink that Siva gladly took. 

“Why?” Thorn’s question made Siva stop. “We were wondering why are you going so far as to endure that much pain for just a game? Are you rushing to make money or to establish fame?”

Siva paused to ponder. Looking only at the glass of water in his hands, the fire that lit their surroundings had lighted up the solemn expression he wore. Loni and Henna stared at his face, wondering just what kind of memory those words triggered.

But then, Siva closed his eyes and when he opened it again, he was already wearing the solid expression he had when he was fighting the monsters.

“It‘s not something for you to know.”

Siva stood up. He gave back the glass of water and thanked Henna for the trouble.

He pushed towards the direction of the pile and checked the map he had bought from the shop to put a mark on his definitive location. Siva then summoned his truck from his inventory and this time, it looked like modern with a large legged machine to pull the weight.

“So that‘s it then?” Thorn exclaimed angrily. “Not as much as a thank you or an explanation?”

“I‘ve said my thanks and I apologized for the trouble I caused you, is that not enough?”

On Siva’s words, Thorn paused and pondered. He was taken aback by the truth on the man’s statement. If he were to point out what was wrong, that would be on his part because he went towards the wrong direction to where he should have gone through.

The lifting of the loot to the legged truck was as easy as it took for him to gather it. And at the middle of his activity, Loni finally spoke up.

“Wait, I have a…proposition for you.”

Siva looked at her and then to Thorn. His face wore full of irritation but the look of resolve in the woman’s eyes spoke of something else. Something he might regret if he didn’t listen.

“What is it?” He said and faced them. “Speak.”

Loni looked at her companions and paused to receive Thorns nod. When she finally got the strength, she told Siva the whole reason.

“We saved you from the big monster because we thought you can be invited to join us.” 

Siva smirked and replied sarcastically. “You? You want me join you? What are you, a guild?” 

“That‘s the plan.” Thorn butted in. “Look, I‘m sorry if my approach is bad but all I wanted to say is that, if it‘s possible, would you consider joining a party? Will you consider joining us?”