Chapter 14: Making Legends 101

Chapter 14

Making Legends 101

Watching from far away, Loni and the others can’t believe their eyes. They were just leisurely hunting weaker monsters than their current ranks but they didn’t expect to come across the same person that killed all of those monsters from the Forest of Kali.

But then, the monster he was fighting against made a roaring sound different from before. It made Thorn who was usually composed anxious that he ordered for them to retreat from the place.

They all agreed, except Loni.

“What are you doing?!” Asked Fuma frantically. “A whole pack of bird monsters are going to come! We have to get out of here!” 

“But…I want to watch him.”

“Is this for your book again?” Asked Henna with an understanding set of eyes. “If you stay here, you will die.”

“Loni,” Called Thorn with a worried expression. “I can‘t leave you here. Let‘s go. Please, come with us.”

Loni stood up from her position and leaned back to see the man who bumped into Henna earlier walking casually towards the birds.

He suddenly laughed and the four of them were put into silence by the act. And right that instant, Loni was the first to voice out what had just happened.

“I can‘t move.”

“Me too.”

“It was only for a moment but…”

“Him.” Thorn broke his party’s puzzlement with a finger pointed at Siva. “I think he just did that.”

“Impossible!” Shouted Fuma. “It‘s a monster skill. A player having a monster skill?! It’s insane!”

“I think its possible.” Henna’s voice echoed in the midst of their panic. “My Hawkeye is a rare skill. I put 50% of my free stat points to DEX and it changed into a stat called Constitution. After that, I got access to rare skill list.”

“But him, being able to freeze us, it‘s just…”

“I think what Henna said is right.” Thorn spoke with a hand on his bearded chin. “I got an idea. Loni, if you want to watch him, we can all do. But…”

“Thorn, no!” Fuma interrupted. “You don‘t mean to invite him over do you?”

Horn looked at him with a serious glare. That act made the usually noisy Mage silent and he knew that arguing with Thorn would only lead up to a quarrel.

Besides, you can’t argue with a superior officer of a guild, even though it was still in the process of creation.

“I agree with Fuma.” Loni replied. “We can‘t risk him going with us. We have our plans. And from what I think is right, that man is part of the Masked Group.”

After she said that, they heard a roar that snatched up their attention. When they finally saw what happened on the other side of their location, the look of worry had bade a line on Loni’s face.

“And you were saying?” Henna teased Loni but she just look at their leader with a stern expression.

“Thorn. I still don’t like the idea of him joining us in our goal. But…can we help him get out here, at least?”

“Heh. Loni. You‘re always the same.” Thorn is now wearing the same smile as Henna. “You may show your fangs but deep inside you‘re still a lamb.”