Chapter 26: Best Time of their Careers

Chapter 26

Best Time of their Careers

“Hahahahahahaha…” 

Right after that, a group of the monsters belonging on the C-rank food chain came from all directions. 

Four Landsharks came from the east and a group of Sigmas also came from the west. And yet, he continued to laugh like some crazy guy. 

That laugh echoed on all directions, sounding as if he was lost in some distant place in some distant time.

All Siva thought about is quenching his thirst. He’s been hungry, very hungry, excited, and was actually in the verge of losing himself if he doesn’t kill some. The wolf’s blood in him was awaken and he knew that it will devour him too one way or another so at least, right now, he could lose himself to that feeling.

Dissatisfaction had been building in his chest.

The anger, frustration, sadness, hate, realization, his loneliness, his powerlessness, his worries…it all came as a trembling feeling that shook his entire body. He knew that if he doesn’t let go of all these feelings, it will eat him alive along with the little sanity he had left in his body.

He miss his brother. He was worried. He was in the verge of losing his grip to the world and his goal that he was screaming deep inside.

Thankfully, there was this world.

RPG: Terroa gave him the opportunity to let go of all the negative feelings in his chest. 

“Come on!”

The hungry monsters attacked and Siva clapped his hands. An air field surrounded him and the first five attackers froze in place as their brains received the pure close range impact of direct air pressure.

Their eyes rolled up, dried of blood, and they all collapsed on the ground with their tongues protruding out of their mouths.

Even Siva was surprised how much his technological skill improved. Not only its damage output doubled, it also reduced three seconds of cool down time. That, in itself, was the greatest news of all. And with seventeen seconds cool down time, his number of usage in two minutes had increased along with the additional power of his already devastating close range impact attack.

Again, another laugh got out of his mouth and he looked like some victorious general surrounded by the victims of his martial arts.

—No.

This isn’t worthy of being called martial Arts.

If Volt had to put it into words, this was just pure outlet of what could only be described as violence.

“Ten seconds…”

“What?” Volt turned his head to Agatha who then repeated the words.

“He killed ten monsters in ten seconds.”

Wide eyed, Volt brought back his gaze on the scene where Siva was laughing while the monsters all paused and waited for him to finish.

Why the monsters did not attack, Volt could actually understand why. After such a feat, even monsters with only their instincts to keep them alive felt the danger of such a man becoming their enemy. Monsters who had realized that would have run away but these monsters, for some unknown reason, weren’t able to.

Some, those from the outskirts of their circle, was on the verge of turning their backs but somehow, they all always turn around and go back.

At that moment, Volt remembered what Siva said.