Chapter 19: Each Day

Chapter 19

Each Day

Archers and mages are distance fighters. To build a strong character, in their normal standards, would take at least ten months before his first 2nd tier abilities can be obtained through Upgrades and Items.

Talismans are the secret to a Mage’s power and his multiple magic ability, unlike any other class. Even if it’s Tier 1 magic, multiple talismans will still put on damages, although, they are very expensive, very rare (for a drop), and actually are very hard to create.

These accessories are made up of rune stones, rare materials, magical items, and was actually made not by technology, but by enchantment. That’s why there are many kinds of shops in a city. There are the NPC shops that deals general trading and equipment customization. 

Blacksmith Shops for general melee combatants.

Archery Centers for bowmen.

Enchantment Temples for Mage fanatics.

And of course there are the Guilds that offers some advanced forms of enhancement and many kinds of improvements to a player’s personal skills.

But through all these, Mages share the most difficult of stages when trying to get stronger. It’s because not only Talismans are actually hard to make, they are also very sensitive things. So mostly, instead of streamlined visible equipments, they are made in the form of tiny accessories not easily seen by the naked eyes. 

And although its magic damage decreases along with the talisman’s size, for conservative players, it’s always better than being visible targets for thieves and bandits.

Talismans are a Mage’s life, it defines them.

And despite their weak defenses and physical bodies, they are the strongest damager in a group, especially when against aliens.

Then there’re the archers. These people rely on their Bows, their arrows (and its numbers), and their DEX stat that defines 80% of their accuracy. An archer is a lot strong when using skills. Skills’ damage depends on where in the target it will hit and actually also depends heavily on the type of bow and arrow used.

In a way, they are like Mages, but right in the middle of being an all rounder and a magic caster.

What they’re after are mostly strings. A bow’s body is easy to find but strings, that’s the part that easily snaps when met with a certain tension. Sometimes, a skill use might loosen a string’s tension, affecting the player’s accuracy and the damage output itself. That’s why archers are searching for that ultimate string to pair up with their ultimate bow.

These two kinds of players are what mostly makes up 97% of all the hunting users. Melee fighters are the bunch that actually only relies on 50% skills and ability, and 50% defensive and attack power enhancements.

Equipments in this class mostly deals with all these adds and plusses. Additional defenses, additional stats, additional damage, and so on…but there are two kinds of melee fighters that defines their usage and maximum contribution in a hunting party. The first are those who actually enchant their weapons with magical abilities to deal physical damage + magical attributed attack, or, exchange from using melee attacks to casting magical spells in the middle of the fight. 

The second are those pure melee fighters. They are the people who concentrates more on improving their equipments and their skills and abilities mostly leans on enhanced movements or specific ability. 

These are the rarest of players. In ratio, for every 300 players, there would only be one pure melee fighter. 

The reason for this rarity could be blamed on the person’s actual athleticism or to how much one could actually take on painful damages from a monster. Just the thought alone makes anyone cower away on being a cool knight.