Chapter 10: Different Than Expected

Chapter 10

Different Than Expected

“Huh?” Siva’s brows curled in honest confusion.

At that, the Gonn with a large Buster Weapon at his back courteously put a hand on his right shoulder and pointed at the door. In there, written was, “I don‘t want to talk to any noob.” in bold letters. And below that was the name [Master Blader].

With flustered face, a slightly exaggerated feat of the Apollo Race, he scratched his head and left the office.

Since then, he never attempted to enter any Guild Offices ever again. These Guilds are different from the Player Guilds. A Guild made by players doesn’t have an office and these guilds that’s located in a city’s inner premises, especially in the war district, are Guilds that cater on either improving skills, or, anything that has to do with a quest given out according to the player’s style of fighting, or, in rare cases, give pointers about some new weapon designs or specs.

In short, the offices located in the War District are the ones operated by NPCs that not only give out quests and missions but also support a player’s improvement.

As per observation, Aarun was a city that was still in its early stages of development.

The lord here, or the Mayor, was a human and so the city’s main feature is to cater to players with interests in technology. The reason why he was in this city.

Here in Terroa, there’s no blacksmith job. Actually, there are no player jobs even from the start. So when a player chose to become a distance fighter, like archers or mages, they still have the option to become a melee fighter, depending on the situation and their preferred sets of personal skills.

It was this feat that attracted players from all around the world. There was the freedom of adventure and the game’s 90% reality allows everyone the versatility of being a uni-wide adventurer.

As Siva dragged his feet, he finally found the place he was most looking forward to go. The library.

In here, he only had one goal. Of course to read. But what he wanted to read only exists in the library inside the game.

Terroa’s [Book of Legends] or in other words, this world’s history.

Anyone can enter the library. It was a building that has five floors with each floor having a set of books, in the olden paper page style, dealing with categorized sets of knowledge.

In the first floor, there was the large collection of books about the creatures and ecosystem of Terroa. In the second floor, the books there tackles subjects on what was known about monsters, dragons, and aliens’ technology and their style of terrorizing.

Then on the third floor, it was a place for the general knowledge. Styles of fighting; melee, archery, and the most famous books that mages dig, are all in there.

Mostly, people in this floor are mages. But from here and there, archers can also be seen. But for every fifty readers that visit’s the library, there is the rare sight of a swordsman sitting somewhere and reading silently. It is because in this world where dying has a high price to pay, melee fighters are rarely seen. Actually, they are treated as a rarity.

First reason is that only few users are actually brave enough to experience a full swing attack of a monster. Second is that because the texture, the feel, the stare, the scream, everything about the monsters in Terroa is real to the human senses. Some players even run with their tales on their legs the first time they see a monster up close. Some were even so scared that they stopped playing the game from fright. That’s why the sight of a person holding a large sword or any kind of sword at that, are a rare sight at all.