Chapter 28: Sorry, I Can't Help It

Chapter 28

Sorry, I Can't Help It

‘We found the cave! Me and Hawkeye will go there.’

‘Alright.’

‘Samara is carrying Agatha to support you.’

‘We’re almost there!’

‘Count on me!’

‘Please be careful.’

‘I will.’

‘Don’t die on us, Siva.’

‘I won’t.’

As the conversation went on in the communication line, Siva’s attention was slightly diverted from his opponent and a black scale the dragon shot out from the sky destroyed the rock he was hiding at.

The blast threw him off balance and his HP on his upper left vision dropped by a staggering 10%. Now, he was only left with a mere 56% of his total HP and with his painful wounds, his movements and reactions were getting slow.

“Shit.”

The dragon landed and started a tackle. Siva stood up and ran forward to meet the dragon. The dragon’s head attack was just like that of a Heron but its size was three times more that it was a foolish act if he had to meet it head on.

And so what he did was jump and he landed on the dragon’s back but as soon as he changed his equipment to the Ender, the scales on the dragon’s back hardened and some fins sharp enough to cut started to shoot out.

Its size was no less than his finger but the force of it was enough to shoot him off the dragon’s back.

His HP dropped by 18% and the needle like fins has made the wounds bleed, making him lose 1% HP every three seconds.

“This is impossible…I can‘t get close.”

Siva gritted his teeth as he pulled the needles from his arms and body one by one. The minimal defenses offered by his long sleeve shirt and pants were rather a disadvantage at this point.  

But he couldn’t help it.

If he were to wear an armor, not only it was heavy, it would also hinder his movements, especially since he had a unique fighting style that relied heavily on agility and quick reflexive movements.

The dragon roared once again, and he knew that an attack was coming. His initial thought is to jump back but his instincts told him to jump to the side.

And as soon as he followed his instincts, a shadow fell from over head that smashed right through where he previously stood. It was the dragon’s tail and basing on how deep the dent on the ground was after that, he would have died instantly even if his HP was 100%.

Just how much powerful is this dragon?

As he thought of how regretful it was, he was even more shocked when he saw the tail’s end had some spiked bones in it. The tail moved and he knew what was coming next as he jumped up just in time to dodge a sweeping attack.

He kicked the air tried to stab the tail with his sword but it was moving too quickly and he missed.

As he pulled the sword from the ground, the dragon faced him and it roared angrily seeing that his opponent had survived.

“Heh. Yes I‘m alive you monster!”

And at that moment, two B-ranked monsters arrived in the scene and they glared angrily on the small human facing the dragon.