The Blue Spirit

(Short Chapter but you know what happens in this one. Zuko is the blue spirit and he 'saves' Aang)

Aya's POV

The storm we were in really did a number on Sokka. He had a fever and was shivering. He was huddled in his sleeping bag and had sweat covering his pale face.

Karate presses wet rag on Sokka's forehead. "This should bring your fever down."

"You know what I love most about Appa? His sense of humor." Sokka mentioned with a congested voice.

"That's nice. I'll tell him." I grinned and Appa growled.

Sokka laughs. "Classic Appa."

Aang approaches us. "How's Sokka doing?"

"Not so good, being out in that storm really did a number on him," Katara informed and Sokka started to sniff pitifully and he was shivering even more.

"I couldn't find any ginger root for the tea, but I found a map," Aang explained and held up a scroll. He rolled it out on the ground of the ruined temple. "There's an herbalist institute on the top of that mountain. We could probably find a cure for Sokka there."

"Aang, he's in no condition to travel. Sokka just needs some rest. I'm sure he'll be better by tomorrow." Katara then starts to cough and by instinct, I moved away.

"Not you too." Aang frowned.

"Relax, it was just a little cough. She's fi-"

Right on cue, both Katara and I began to cough violently and both of us groaned at the end.

Aang uncovered his face. "That's how Sokka started yesterday. Now, look at him! He thinks he's an Earthbender!"

"Take that you rock!" Sokka exclaimed, deliriously and flailed his arms as if he was hitting something.

I let out a sneeze and leaned back against Appa. Looks like that storm did a number on all of us, except Aang.

"A few more hours and the both of you will be talking nonsense. I'm going to find some medicine!" Aang declared and he grabbed his glider. He starts to head out but stops when a flash of lightning struck down. Aang changes his mind and closes his glider. "Uh, maybe it's safer if I go on foot." He turned to Appa and Momo. "Keep an eye on them, guys."

Momo chitters and Appa groans, which causes Sokka to laugh.

"Ha, ha! You guys are killing me!"

After that, Aang left us to find medicine.

Time had passed and none of us had any water or were in a decent enough condition to get water.

I felt tired and cold and just wanted to go to bed.

"Katara, Aya, please, water." Sokka pleaded, weakly.

"Listen, carefully, Momo," Katara spoke weakly to the lemur and holds up a waterskin. "I need you to take this to the river, and fill it with water," Katara explains what to do but Momo just tilted his head. "Got it?"

Momo chitters and takes off with the waterskin in his paws.

You know you're delusional when you ask a lemur to get something for you.

More time had passed and Momo hasn't returned. Katara and I were not in our sleeping bags but we weren't as bad as Sokka who was coughing every few seconds

"Water..." Sokka weakly said.

"Momo should be back any minute," I assured my brother and let out a sneeze. I groaned and curled up in my sleeping bag more.

Right at that moment, Momo returned and hopped onto Katara. He dropped a dead mouse on her chest and the both of us look at it in disgust.

"No, Momo! Water. Wa-ter!" Katara carefully explained and Momo chitters before running off again.

I sighed and looked to the mountains. "Aang, what in the world is taking you so long?"

Aang hasn't returned and I was getting so worried about him. I hope he's okay because I wouldn't know what to do with myself if he got seriously injured.

Momo had brought us useless junk and not a single drop of water. Momo returned once again but with a crown and placed it on Katara's head.

"How many times do we have to tell you, Momo?" I asked in a sickly voice. "We need water, wa-ter."

Momo chitters and Katara rolled onto her side.

"Oh forget it. Aang, please, hurry."

"Who's this 'Aang' kid you keep talking about, Your Highness?" Sokka asked us completely delirious and both of us give our brother an annoyed expression.

I rolled my eyes and shut my them, hoping Aang would return when I wake up.

----

The next morning I woke up and I saw Aang had returned. He seemed downcast and upset but I decided not to question it because he had placed something in our mouths.

"Suck on these. They'll make you feel better." Aang informed us and collapsed onto Appa's tail with a sigh.

"Aang, how was your trip?" Sokka asked with his mouth full. "Did you make any new friends?"

"No, I don't think I did," Aang said and I could detect the sorrow in his voice.

The thing Aang gave us a surprisingly tasty and I actually enjoyed sucking on it.

"Mmmm! This is tasty! Mmm!" Sokka praised with a happy expression.

"What is this?" I asked and whatever we were sucking on thawed out and it begins to croak and move around. I gasped and spat out the creature that was a frog and my siblings did as well. All three of us start to spit out the taste and cough from disgust.

Ew!