fifteen/irl/

italics ~ elliot

underline - grace

saturday april 28th 9:26 pm est

"so, what's the deal with you and phone boy?

grace asked the question while scrolling through pictures on her phone for inspiration. 

this week's girl's day activity was henna tattoos. truthfully, this was because one of their sketchy neighbors, who the girls lovingly referred to as methhead paul, worked at a tattoo shop. he had ordered the wrong kind of ink (which may or may not have been due to being high, please see the previously mentioned nickname). 

either way, he had twelve pounds of henna ink he refused to use and was more than willing to hand it over to the "hot chicks down the hall" as he called them. 

"i don't know gray, i think i might really like him, like a lot"

"woah!  really? who would've seen that coming! it's not like you talk to each other every second of every day or anything!

elliot rolled her eyes at her best friend's sarcasm, trying to hold in the smile tugging at the corners of her mouth. 

"i've known him for a couple weeks, i've never even met him and i already care about him, so much. shouldn't i be freaked out?"

"ellie, you've always had really good instincts about people. remember when you said you didn't trust that cute little old lady that moved in downstairs, and then a few weeks later she got arrested for pimping out some girls? or when you befriended that awkward lanky blonde girl on the first day of school? humble-brag, but she turned out to be pretty cool."

"humble-brag but befriending that loser was one of the easiest choices i've ever made"

"all i'm saying is if that's how you feel, then trust it. and if he ends up being a weirdo when you meet him, then at least i can make fun of you for it forever."

elliot walked over to her roomate and wrapped her in a hug. 

"you're the best, gray"

"i know"

grace pulled away and went to pick up one of the many tubes of henna ink scattered around their living room.

"now, will you give me a tramp stamp with this, i'm trying to decide if i should get one for real."

"what about if i give you one, you promise to never get a real one?"

elliot  cut off the tip of the pouch and before grace could see, she hooked a tiny "c" on the inside of her wrist. she turned around to see her roomate face down on the couch.

"less fun, but ok tat me up."