thirtytwo/irl/

italics ~ elliot

bold ~ carter

underline ~ mario

tuesday september 18th 12:11 pm est

for a moment the two just stared at each other as a wave of surrealism seemed to wash over the room. it didn't seem real to either one of them that the person that had been on the other end of the line for the past months was suddenly within an arms reach. 

it was as if all of a sudden the bubble had popped. the distance that had been separating the two had suddenly reduced itself to barely two feet, and as this fact hit elliot, she chuckled. 

carter had always loved the sound of elliot's laugh, but now that he could hear the pure, unfiltered joy without a phone to muffle the noise, he decided it was his favorite sound in the world. 

"well, at least i know you're not an old man now but i have to admit, showing up to my place of work is a little creepy. so, i'm not going to cross stalker off the list just yet," she beamed, taking a step closer to him.

"well if i promise not to sue you for attacking my face, will you promise not to file a restraining order?"

"i'll consider it," she looked up at him, pausing for a second as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, "this is insane."

carter smiled down at her, "but in the good way, right?"

"oh, definitely in the good way."

without over thinking it, carter took a step forward and closed the space between them, wrapping his arms around her shoulders. she quickly responded by interlacing her fingers behind his back. 

his chin fell right on top of her head, but he dipped it down to murmur in her ear.

"i just had to make sure you were real."

"you know, you really are stuck with me now, like forever."

"i already told you i'd never complain about that, el."

leo and mario watched the two, peeking around the corner, looking into the photography studio.

"i really though they were going to kiss," mario mumbled, as he handed leo a crisp five dollar bill from his wallet.