thirtythree/irl/

italics ~ elliot

bold ~ carter

underline ~ mario

tuesday september 18th 12:13 pm est

their embrace was interupted by the shrill sound of a cell phone's ring. 

taken off guard, the two let go off each other and elliot fished her phone out of the back pocket of her jeans.

"marie? yeah, mhmm," she listened, absentmindedly playing with carter's fingers as his hand rested on the desk next to them. carter looked down at the simple, yet intimate act with a small smile. "are you sure? alright, i can call her and see if she'll give a quote. yeah, for sure, i'm on my way."

"duty calls?"

"unfortunately," she sighed, "we're still on for tonight, right?"

"wouldn't miss it."

"are you in the office all day?"

"yeah, photoshoot, interview, and then marie said there was a little performance and meet and greet thing for after."

"that's wild."

"what?"

"that people wait in lines to meet you."

"yeah, it really is. every single time i get on stage i'm amazed at how many people care enough about me to come see me."

"well, you know, you're pretty easy to care about."

"so are you.

"i'll come find you at the end of the day, ok?"

elliot pulled her hand away from his and held up her little finger, carter did the same.

"alright," he said, linking their fingers together. 

click. 

click.

click.

carter's heart dropped at the familiar sound of a camera shutter, his eyes shooting over to the source of the noise.

"don't worry," mario began waltzing into the room, leo trailing behind him, "not paparazzi, just the future wedding photographer."

"goodbye idiots," elliot laughed, walking out of the room. "and, for the record, there's no way in hell i'm keeping you and your incredible dance moves behind the camera and away from the dancefloor during my wedding."

carter watched elliot walk out of the studio and up to marie's office, his eyes not leaving her retreating figure. just before she stepped out of his view, she turned around and smiled back at him.

"and they say romance is dead, huh? now sit on the stool before that 'i'm in love' look comes off your face."