19. First Date

~Valentina / Hunter~

"Tater tot!"

"Dumbo!"

"What are you doing?"

"Shoving peanuts into my brother's mouth."

"What the fuck? Why?"

"Because he switched the cheese balls on my pasta with soap that's why! ..... Stop laughing or I'll shove peanuts in your mouth too!" 

"You know what else you can shove in my mouth?"

"..."

"..."

"YOU NASTY PIECE OF SHI-"

"WOAH! LANGUAGE YOUNG LADY!"

"I'll show you who's young when I'm done with you. You'll look like an ancient caveman." 

"Well then, I'm gonna go before this crazy lady makes me go back in time. Adios!"

"Wait! Okay okay, I won't... Do you forfeit Matt?" 

"Yeph! Gefoffmeh! Get your girlfriend in place!" 

"MATT!"

"Damn, I would hate to be in your brother's place. He thinks we're a thing huh?" 

"No!"

"Yes!"

"Shut the hell up and eat your Takis!"

"I wouldn't mind."

"Oh. Wait what?"

"I wouldn't mind if you know, we become a thing."

"Oh."

"Unless you don't want to."

"No no! I mean- well, like- I do! I wouldn't mind either! It's just you know..."

"What?"

"Are you sure you would want a blind girlfriend?"

"Valentina, you're not blind now are you?"

"Well, no but the doctor said there might be a possibility in the future-"

"Exactly. In the future, not now. Even if you do go blind, I wouldn't want to be with anyone else."

"You're just saying that."

"You're the most beautiful, loud, kind, and intriguing girl I've ever met. I wouldn't trade you even if I was offered a whole pot of goddamn gold."

"...Really?"

"Yes, really. Now, would you Valentina- whatever -your -last- name is, do me the honor of becoming my girlfriend?"

"You're so cheesy and yes, I'll be your girlfriend."

"She said yes Josh!"

"I told you she would." 

"You're like a little kid on Christmas and do you have me on speaker?" 

"Well I am still a kid at heart. And I did at first. Open the door." 

"What?"

"Open the door, Tater Tot."

"Why?"

"For God's sake, can you just open the door?"

"And help you build a snowman?"

"Haha very funny, and no. I come with food!" 

"Yes! I'm starving!"

"Oh man, I think I hear your dog sniffing on the other side of the door."

"Are you scared?"

"No! It was an observation. Can you open the door already?"

"I'm coming sheesh. So impatient."

Valentina got off her bed, hurriedly slipping on her slippers. To say she was ecstatic to see the boy she had fallen for, the boy who she can now call boyfriend, was an understatement. Shooing Loki, her German Shepherd, away form the door, she opened it to be greeted with the sight of an In-N-Out take out bag. 

Hunter's heart picked up speed when he saw the girl who made him feel like none other. He broke out into a huge smile when he saw her on the other side of the door. However her attention was on the bag he held in his hands. 

"First lunch date?" He asked, holding up the bag.

Valentina grinned and opened the door for him to come in. Loki immediately began sniffing him and a second later decided it would be a great idea to jump on him. 

"Whoa there bud, let me put down the food first and then you can attack me all you want alright?" Loki barked and sat down, tail wagging furiously. Valentina watched their interaction with a smile but turned her head towards the food. 

As they settled in front of the television with their food, they talked and laughed about everything and nothing . Sitting there with each other and Loki begging for food every once in a while, they couldn't feel any more content. 

***

Super late Happy New Years guys heh. If you like this chapter, feel free to vote and comment :)