Fifteen

"I need to tell you something." Antonio murmured as I came out of the shower in the morning.

He looked a bit jittery and I wondered why. I looked at him weirdly. "What's up?"

He stared at me for a second before extending his hand out to me. "Come here." He said. I obeyed and started making my way towards him, he was sitting on the couch beside our bed.

When I reached him, he pulled me in his lap. I hugged my knees to my chest, leaning my whole body against him as he started stroking my hair gently.

"What is it?" I asked after a moment.

He sighed. "Baby..I want you to be reasonable with me on this." He said, looking down at me and his eyes were flashing with nervousness.

I nodded. "Go on." I prompted.

He remained silent for a while and my curiosity as to what he was on about was increasing my the minute.

He sighed once more. "I killed your father." He said quietly.

I froze. "What?" I whispered. My mind went totally blank and tears gathered in my eyes. I felt numb, I didn't even feel sad, just numb. I didn't even know why I was crying, he'd made my life a living hell but this was my father.

"Say something." I heard Antonio's anxious voice murmur and I looked at him, my vision blurry because of my tears.

"What do you w-want me to say to you, Antonio?" I whispered, my voice cracking.

"Anything." Antonio said and his voice was laced with desperation.

"Why?" I whispered, with my voice cracking. "I-I can't believe you'd do that."

"Tesoro, he was a disgusting man, he beat you up almost every fucking day of your childhood. He made your life a living hell and he wasn't even sorry about it. I'm sorry for making you cry but I'm absolutely not going to apologise for killing that bastard who completely ruined your life." He said, and as he spoke, his eyes turned dark with anger.

"That doesn't give you the right to kill him, Antonio." I whispered, tears streaming down my face as I moved away from him. "He was still my father."

"He's the source of every single misery of your entire life and I couldn't stand even the thought of him living. Please try to understand where I'm coming from, my love." He said, caressing my cheek softly.

I remained quiet for the longest time and so did he. The awkward silence was killing me and I didn't like it one bit.

"I-It's just—" I started but wasn't able to finish as my voice cracked and more tears started rolling down my cheeks.

"I hate to see you cry like this." Antonio whispered, wiping my tears from my face. "You know he's not worth it, baby, I've told you before."

"He's the only family, I had Antonio." I whispered, wiping the side of my eye.

He tilted my head up, as he tangled his hand in my hair. "Baby, you have me. You'll always have me. And my family, is your family now. Kate and Heath are just as much there for you as me."

I nodded, not knowing what to say as I wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. He kissed my head, and started stroking my hair gently.

~~~

Today was Antonio's birthday. Heath and I had to go to the mall without Antonio knowing and Tyson was already trying to get him out of the house.

"Hey but I don't wanna leave my girlfriend." He said coming towards me wrapping his arms around my waist.